Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The News....

Well I received the news at 9am this morning, I was actually very shocked and missed the call because I was busy doing stuff. But I called back and they answered right away. She said that its pre-cancerous and that they would see me in 6 mnths. I was shocked! I didn't know what pre-cancerous is and she ended with "everything is good!" So I thought I was good, BUT....I called my OB doc, told him what they said and he doesn't like it and wants me to have it removed. Basically it means that I am in Stage 0 - stage 1 cancer and that in 6 months it could be stage 4. So I am a little pissed honestly. Why would a doctor make you wait 6 mnths when they know it could turn cancerous and be bad. So I am getting a second opinion and we will go from there. So thats my news, not sure whether its good or bad yet, I say good because it could be worse, but there are still unanswered questions.

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Definitley good news my friend, definitely.

I would be mad too, but it could be SOOOO much worse. Even if down the road, it turns bad just think how early it was caught. They will watch you so close I am sure. Go for the second opinion for sure, cause I would not being taking that for an answer either. But oh I feel such a weight lifted for you, celebrate I am so so so happy for you. Happy isn't even the right word, elated is more like it!!

Thiago & Teri said...

I keep pulling up your blog...I am relieved. I am going to say it is pretty good news. I have never heard of breast cancer lump being "pre-cancerous". What the heck does that mean, I don't blame you for being a little bugged. However, I am so glad that it is not worse than that. Still some questions in your head for sure, but considering I would say it is pretty good.

Sunset Stanley said...

I'd consider it good news as well!

I don't get why they wouldn't remove it now if it has the potential to turn cancerous later. Definitely go for the second opinion. No matter what you've caught it early and that's the best thing ever!

In regard to the comment on my blog.. yeah Dora has taken over the t.v. at our house too! It's been going on awhile now and I don't see it getting any better soon. :)

BMK3 said...

WOW! So I just read all your posts, and had no idea this was going on! HOW SCARY! Oh my goodness! I would be mad to, and I hope the second opinion is to just get rid of it to prevent anything from happening in the future, you guys definately deserve a break! Good luck!