Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Living Planet Aquarium

I had never been to the Aquarium until today. It was Jaxon's second time, but mine, Bob's, Ashton and Lexi's first. My Parents also came along with us and they were who took Jax last time.

We had a blast.

We started in Discovery Utah. It was full of all the things you would find in Utah that are fish, frog and water related.

In Discovery Utah we seen trout, catfish, frogs, toads, went on a boat ride through brine shrimp and seen many other fish.

In this last picture Lexi was saying "Mommy, I see me!" She was in complete heaven here with no stroller or anything to tie her down.

Our next stop was to Ocean Explorer. This was my favorite. I loved the jellyfish, they were by far my favorite.

We seen jellyfish, sharks, lobsters, sea horses, octopus, sea turtles and MANY MANY other fishes.

I loved the stingrays. They were so smooth and loved to be touched. Jax tried to touch them several times, I think he wasn't too sure about it. But he stood there and watched them for a good 20 minutes. I have bad memories of stingrays, my Dad was stung by one when we took a trip to California after my 6th grade graduation. We ended up in the ER and it was a horrible thing. He was okay, but in pain for many days. It was mating season and he stepped on one during mating season on accident.

Next we went to South America, there were creepy things here, spiders, snakes and weird fishes. But the penguins, which was so fun to watch were there.

The penguins were so fun, there was one that put on a show. He would jump in and then back out and at one point was playing with a rock. It was cute!


I am so glad we went, it was so fun!

Jaxon favorite thing was the electric eel.

Ashton's favorite was the sharks, he asked if he could have a pet shark. "Mom, I will feed it, I promise!" Sorry Ash, no pet sharks in this house.

Lexi just loved being free, she wouldn't stand too close to anything, she was funny!

After we went to fuddruckers for lunch, it was yummy!

Tommorw its back to the crazy chaos, but only a couple more weeks and our lives should be back to somewhat normal.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I have never been there before it looks like fun. I guess I will have to add that to my list of fun things to do this summer!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

How fun that you went there. I was just saying this morning "I think there's an aquarium somewhere and we should go!". But then I learned it was in Sandy and that wasn't happening. Looks like a lot of fun and a good time!

BMK3 said...

I love the Aquarium! SOO much fun!