Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Girl


Dear Alexia,
I remember the day you were born, the tears in my eyes as they rolled me to the OR just before midnight on May 12th and the fear of not knowing if everything was going to be okay. I remember your first cry and the tears in my eyes when I knew you would be just fine. I remember the first time I saw you, it was actually in a picture and I bawled wondering all you had been through. I remember the first time I held you and how I didn’t want to let you go. I remember your cry when you were just days old. I remember leaving that hospital without you and hating it so badly. I remember being at home and not sleeping because I missed you dearly. I remember the begging and pleading with doctors to please let me take you home. I remember the day we brought you home, it was like I had missed so much of your life in two short weeks, but seemed an eternity to me. I remember the love your brothers had when they seen you for the first time and the smiles on their faces. I remember just staring at you like nothing could be more perfect. I remember your first smile, the first time you giggled and singing to you. I remember the first time you crawled, the first time you walked and how you were afraid of anything. I remember when you were sick and you cryed for your Mommy because she can fix everything. I remember your first birthday and just finding out months before that your heart was going to be okay. I remember the first time you danced and sung out loud. I remember your fears and wiping your tears.
And today, I look at you and your two and oh how you have changed my life for the better and I wish I could keep you little forever. I don't want to ever have to send you out into this crazy world. You have brought so much to our family. You aren’t afraid to live and I can’t wait to see what the years bring. You have a light in your eyes and I hope it never goes away. I wish I could tell you how much I love you, but the truth is that words can’t describe it. You are everything I dreamed of in a daughter and more.
Happy 2nd Birthday Baby girl! I love you to the moon and back a million times.
Love, Mommy

No comments: