Monday, April 23, 2012

Mutiple Sclerosis

My Mom was diagnosed over 15 years ago with this nasty disease.  Many have never heard of it and if they have, they have no clue what it can do.  Lately, I've been thinking a lot about things and there have been few times where I have cried seeing what this nasty disease has done and is doing to my Mom.



She struggles on a daily basis to even get out of bed and get moving.  She WILL NOT walk much longer and will require a walker or wheelchair.  She will probably lose her eye sight and more than likely feelings in her arms and legs.  She doesn't get to run, hike or anything with her grand kids anymore and I am sad about it.   I HATE MS!  I feel like my Mom has been robbed by this disease.  I feel like people take for granted the things they have and are able to do.  I wish there was a cure for it.  I wish I didn't have to watch my Mom suffer on a daily basis.  I wish she was herself again and most of all, I wish MS never existed.

So my note to you, don't take the little things for granted like being able to walk to your car or hold your child or Grand child, because you NEVER KNOW!

I love you Mom and we'll get through this TOGETHER, because thats what we do.

No comments: