Monday, April 9, 2012

HOME

This day was the longest day of my life.  I wanted to be HOME, thats it.  I didn't want to be in the car another second.  After 5 hrs of the car, I had, had it.  My Mom and Dad wanted to go over this mountain that is 10,990 feet tall, I said "what the heck, we'll follow!!"  But I shouldn't have agreed to it.  Although it was beautiful, I just wasn't feeling it.





We left Pagosa around 8:30, went over the moutain and it took 5 hrs, we got stuck behind a semi, then we had head wind the entire rest of the way home.  We finally arrived in our drive-way at 7:19pm, I was tired and not wanting to be in the car at all.

We really did have a lovely trip, I don't know when we'll go to Texas again.  I wish my Grandparents lived closer and I know they do too, but their home is Texas and if thats where they need to be, then I am okay with it.  My Kids loved every minute of the trip minus Ash, he isn't too sure Texas treated him good.  We had so many memories to store in our books and I loved every minute of it.

Now its back to reality, back to work, to schedules, to recovering from vacation and saving money for our next trip.  We haven't quite decided where we are going, but it looks like California might be it.  We will see.

No comments: