Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The greatest teacher

On Monday I received an email from a former classmate and it is with tears rolling down my face that I type this. I am still in shock! The world is full of bad news and at times I wish I could hide from all the bad things, but then what would life be. But this has my heart aching so badly. Mrs. Barnard (Christy Barnard) is/was my role model, I find myself talking about her all the time. She was the one who made me love accounting and school. I never regreted going to her class, in fact, I never missed her class. She was caring, fun, inspiring and an all around great person. She was my "Mom away from home". She always gave the most amazing advice. I remember sitting her class one day after school and she advised me that I could be anything I wanted to be as long as I put my heart and soul into it. She was right! It saddens me that her life is being cut short due to a nasty disease. I hate that her 2 children will have to bury their Mom at such a young age, I can't imagine the heartache and pain. I wish there was something doctors could do to save her and let her live a little longer. She really has no clue how many peoples lives she has touched. Truly the greatest person/teacher I have ever met. She is the ONLY teach I went back to visit after graduation. I am sad that I lost touch with her over the year as my life got hectic. But she has always and will always have a special place in my heart. Please keep her family especially her Husband and children in your prayers. The thought of losing my Mother is something I don't discuss because I just can't imagine. Thanks Mrs. Barnard for everything, I will NEVER forget you!!

No comments: