Thursday, June 25, 2009

Something to keep me going..

http://www.craigandkelly.com/about.htm

This story totally gives me hope! It scares me so bad to think that my Husband is going to have to have a heart transplant. Because having a heart transplant doesn't mean you will survive, your body can reject the heart and other things can go wrong too. I am not blind when it comes to stuff like this. I have been following this little girls story http://lindsaysheart.blogspot.com/ for quite some time. I can't remember how I found her blog, but she wasn't even born when I found her blog and now she is a year old. She truly has touched my life and just received her new heart on June 5th, 6 days before her first birthday. Its truly a miracle that she even made it this far.

I know that my Husband is a fighter, I see it in him everyday. He has been married 3 times, 2 previous divorces before he married me. He lived a pretty rough life, he was taken from his parents at the age of three and his adoptive Mom was the most horrible Mom anyone could ask for, she was really rude to Bob, even though he will only come out and admit it every once in a while. She wouldn't let him do his laundry at their house since the age of 11, I guess you could say if you want to that she was teaching him responsibility, but come on, lets be realistic. It breaks my heart to know that Bob had such a rough childhood, which is why I am determined to make the best of this, he deserves it. Bob didn't have much growing up, his parents didn't give him things, he had to work for everything he got, he never got any new clothes or toys. To some people this might be fine or they might see nothing wrong with it. But Bob literally had NOTHING!!! Then he married his first wife only to find out she had been cheating on him. Then he married again and got a divorce because she had also cheated on him. Its all unreal, I look at Bob and wonder what he did to deserve this and there is nothing I can find. Bob is the sweetest guy I have ever met, he takes such good care of me and always has, he was there for me before we even were married. He was at the hospital when I had my gallbladder removed and had to stay the night. When I got in my car wreck, he got there before the cops did. He cleaned up my puke when I was pregnant without ever complaining. He would get whatever I needed at anytime, he would let me sleep to make sure I got my rest. He loves his kids more than anything! When Ashton was born he was in the NICU for 4 hours and Bob didn't leave his side. Seeing him with Lexi has been such a blessing, he loves her so much, he fought for her and made sure she was well taken care of while in the NICU for two weeks.

I still can't believe this is all happening, but it is. I sat here in my bed last night and cried after Bob told me that he didn't want to die, he felt he had so much more of life to live and I truly believe this. We just got started, it can't end now and I am not going to let it.

I know that this blog has taken a different turn, but I have to get my feelings out somewhere and I have thought about creating another blog, but this is our family blog and I want to be able to show my kids one day that we made it through this. When we are done with all this mess, I promise I am having the BIGGEST celebration ever!

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Just think Sierra most likely down the road you will be what keeps someone else going, when they have something similar happen. I know I already admire your family tremendously, just take one day at a time.

Thiago & Teri said...

You are so sweet Sierra...I love your blog. And you are right this is your family journal, how awesome for your kids to read your words someday. They will know how tough their mom was and how much she fought for her little family. You really amaze me. Stay strong, things will get better.