Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sick to my stomach

I feel that maybe writing about this will ease some of my pain. I have been sick to my stomach for 3 solid days, I haven't slept, I am worried, I have a awful feeling and I feel unsafe.

Here is what happen:

My parents came over for a barbecue Saturday, they left around 6, we decided to run to Target, I needed some stuff and just really wanted to get out of the house. I set my camera on the counter before we left, never in a million years did I think that would be the last time I saw it. We were gone 45 mins, thats IT!!!! Came home, the back door and screen door were open, I said to Bob "Someone broke in!" He said "No, the wind blew it open." I blew it off, thought nothing more of it at all. Fast forward to Sunday, got up, we wanted to do something fun for the kids last day of Summer. We thought, Cherry Hill (Closed), Raging waters (expensive), Zoo (Too Hot)....Finally we settled on a picnic and splash pad. We left to get Ash a haircut, I realized I forgot my camera and asked Bob to swing back home. I knew I left it on the counter, but thought maybe Bob moved it. It was no where, we spent 2 hrs searching our house and NOTHING. I knew it wasn't good the minute it wasn't in the place I left it or in the camera holder where Bob ALWAYS puts it. I called Dispatch Non-Emergency and they were here in less than 5 mins. The officer took my report, but here is a scary part. Two weeks ago someone broke into the house next to us that is vacant. I swear someone is living there, its just kind of crazy things happening. The guy cut the screen off, took out the screen and opened the window. Cops verified that someone is indeed staying there or has stayed there. When the cops arrived after our neighbor called, the guy told the cop he was doing yard work (if only you could see this yard, its HORRIBLE!!!) for the bank. Its all ONE BIG LIE. This guy fooled the cops and now its turning to be worse. There have been 6 break-ins in our neighborhood. Cops took the serial # for my camera since I still have the box. I check KSL all day long and craigslist. Then yesterday Jax was talking about his DS and that it was missing, he said "Mom, my DS was right next to your camera." And it was, he was playing it before we left for Target. I don't know what else is missing, this is all I know so far. But I am scared and so are my kids. I told Bob we will have a security system installed or I am buying a gun. Ashton cried all last night, I tried to reassure him that everything will be okay, but I am scared too. No one should have to feel this way ever and its the sickest feeling in the world. Someone, I wish I knew who, walked into my house and stole MY things that I have worked hard for, not them. So friends, lock your doors and be safe, this world is kind of crazy.

No comments: