Saturday, May 23, 2009

So much going on...


Yesterday we decided to take the boys to Discovery Gateway, Bob had gotten a free pass for the whole family to go and the boys needed something to keep their spirits up. So we rode Frontrunner down and ate lunch and then played. We had fun, and although I missed my baby girl, I was so glad to be able to spend that time with my boys. Things are going to be crazy once she gets home. They were both obsessed with the trucks and literally spent most of their time there. I didn't post all the pictures, I took over a 100 and just posted some of them.


Good News about my baby girl...she is tube free! Yes, that is right and she is so beautiful! She is eating so good that they finally took out the NG tube and I couldn't be more happy. She also is on her own schedule, meaning that they let her wake up when she wants to eat instead of waking her up every 3 hours. She is doing awesome with this and could quite possibly go HOME tomorrow, yes, thats right TOMORROW, if not then MONDAY! I am so proud of my baby girl! She truly has jumped some big hurdles in her short life and she has never given up.
One thing I have learned from this, is to have more patience. It has been so hard to leave that hospital after having a baby with no baby and go up there every 3 hours for her feedings. Its been exhausting and it always seemed like every time something good happened, something else would go wrong. I also have so much strength and admiration for parents that spend months doing this. I don't know how they do it! I also have a special place in my heart for those parents that have never been able to take their baby home, I can't imagine going through that. I have missed my little girl so much and having to spend a lifetime without them would be the most horrifying thing ever. I know I have said this before and I will say it again, what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger and this has truly made me a stronger person. I have so many people to thank and there isn't anything I could do or say to thank all these people. I have an amazing family who has been there for me through this whole thing, watching my boys, keeping me together. I have a wonderful Husband who has been so strong even when he probably felt like breaking down. All the nurses who have cared for and loved my baby just like it was their own. My doctor, Dr Housel, who had to help me make one of the hardest decisions of my life. But he knew what was best for both my baby and me and he got her here safe. He is seriously the best doctor ever!! Also, all my friends who have sent text messages or messages online or left me messages with encouraging words, telling me never to give up! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
This has seriously been the longest 10 days of my life and I am so ready for my sweet Lexi to be home. I will post as soon as I know whether she is coming home tomorrow or not. Please pray she does good, I know she can do it and I know she is ready!!! Thank you!

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh make me cry...what a mom you are. How blessed your kids are to have you, I can just tell how completely in love with them you are. Is it just the fact that Ashton is a big brother now or what, but he looks so grown up to me in those pictures. What a handsome little guy. I have got my fingers crossed for baby girl. Hope she's heading home!