Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Little GIRL




Alexia Marisa Clemments


Our sweet little girl made her way into this world 6 weeks early. Yesterday, May 12th, was one of the longest and most challenging days of my life. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. On Monday I got the worse pain in the whole world, a pain that is so undescribable and I knew something was wrong. So I called my doctor and he said to get to L&D immediately, so I did. We had determined that the pain was due to my incision and we didn't have long to make a decison on what we were going to do. So one minute I was going to the OR at 3pm and then next minute I wasn't, then the next minute I was going in the OR at 7pm and then I wasn't. They decided that night that they wanted to run some test to make sure the baby would be okay. Well the first test would only be 4 hours and then the other two would take about 12 hours. Well the first test came back inconclusive, meaning that her lungs weren't showing mature, but not premature either. So it was a little iffy and they decided to wait until the other test came back. So the following morning, I got a 4d ultrasound done much like the targeted ultrasound that Circle of Life does at 20 weeks. It showed that everything looked good and she was showing a couple weeks ahead. But we hadn't gotten the other two results back yet. So we headed back up where I was told that no matter what I would not be leaving the hospital until I delivered the baby, whether it was two weeks away or 1 day away. So I brought myself to terms that this would be my new home for awhile. Around 1pm we got the results from the other two test, one showed that everything was fine, her lungs were mature and she would be fine, the other showed negative, not a low negative (meaning that it was border being positive). We then were told we would be meeting with the neonatologist and he would help us make a decision. We met with him at 3:30PM where he told us what "could" happen either way. Our two decisions were this: A- Have her taken c-section, take the risk of her lungs not being developed, but know that they are 85% sure that they are developed and its easier to fix a premature baby then the next opition. B- Take the risk of ulteris ruptoring and both of us dying.
When your faced with those two decisons, it is the most horrifying thing on earth. I just remember me and Bob looking at each other knowing we had no choice but for her to be delivered. So we headed up to our room, called family and everything. We went from going in at 7pm to not being sure. But the good stuff is that, Lexi was welcomed into this world at 12:14am on May 13th, 2009 weighing 6lbs 8oz and she is the most adorable thing ever. She struggled with breathing at first and because she was born before 36 weeks they will keep in NICU until we know she is VERY good. She went off of oxegen this morning, which is great and I got to hold her for the first time. It was the best 20 minutes ever. Jaxon and Ashton haven't gotten to see her at all, because they don't allow people under 18 in the NICU, which is understandable. They keep asking about her and I miss my two boys so much. I will be in the hospital until Saturday or Sunday, its all depending on how everything goes. I will keep everyone updated on Lexi's condition, just pray that she gets to go home healthy and happy with us, I can't imagine having to leave this hospital and no baby in my arms. Thanks everyone!!!









3 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh my goodness...this is crazy. Thiago was down on the computer and told me that you had your baby, and I said what, how do you know. Facebook, I guess. At first I though uh-oh she's early, but after reading this I am just excited for you. Sounds like she is doing great for being premature, how are you feeling? I am so happy for you and that all went well. Congrats to your sweet family, and little Lexi is absolutely beautiful!!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Congrats on your new little girl! I hope everything goes well the next couple days and that she can come home with you! What a precious gift!

Eric and Jenny said...

Holy cow I was so shocked to pull up your blog and see an adorable baby girl already here. Congratulations first of all she is beautiful, what sweet pictures. And I am so happy she seems to be doing so well for a preemie, and what a good size too. I guess it's a good thing your babies are on the bigger side huh! I can't imagine having to make such a difficult decision with Luke I alays prayed that it would be him that decided it was time to come and I wouldn't have to make that decision for us. Thankfully I didn't have to, though I would have prefered he had waited a few weeks, you know! Your family is in my prayers, congratulations again, what a blessing! You are an amazing mother...