Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One Week




Wow, its so hard to believe that sweet Lexi is a week old already. I am so in love with this girl, its amazing how much you can love a child even if you only get to see them for 2 hours a day. She has overcomed so much in her short life and she already makes me proud to be her Mom. I just cannot wait to get her home and snuggle and love her.
Lexi is doing good overall, she isn't eating well still, but thats to be expected as she is still early. She turns 36 weeks gestation tomorrow and I am hoping to see some lightbulbs come on. She has drank 32 cc's on her own, but then gets pooped out. She is off of oxygen and keeping her stats really good (I hope I didn't speak too soon!).
As for me, I am taking it ONE day at a a time, I find it harder and harder to leave her everyday, but I am making it and know its for the best. I figure if this doesn't kill me (which it won't) it will make me stronger. I still cry about 2-3 times a day, I just miss her and I just want to love her all day instead of every 3 hours for 30 mins.


As for my sweet boys, they are adjusting okay! I came home the other night from an 8pm feeding and this is what I found. They have bunk beds and Jax was so tired that he passed out on Ashton's bed. Yes, those are purple sheets, only because his sheets on in process of being washed. I promise thats not what is normally on his bed.

They still haven't gotten to see Lexi but in pictures, this has been hard too, because I have to explain to them why I am leaving, yet they haven't seen the proof that she is here. Jaxon asks me everyday how many more days until she gets to come home. I don't know what to say and that is usually when I breakdown. Ashton on the other hand, just talks about Lexi non-stop, he tells everyone that he is a big brother and he has a baby sister. It is so cute! I love my boys and without them, this last week would have been an even bigger struggle, they seriously have lifted me up so much.

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh she is so stinkin cute. Good job to your whole little family for hanging in there. Not to much longer hopefully....