Friday, June 20, 2008

Terrible twos and four year old tantrums...

I am not sure my title fits this whole blog right, but I couldn't think of anything better. I have been told most of my life that the 2's are the worst age and thats why they call it the terrible twos. So I totally disagree, Jaxon was so good when he was two other than the fact that he couldn't quite accept his brother being a part of the family. I never had any problems with him, he was sweet, loving, caring, always helped with everything and hardly cryed. So three comes and all my worst fears come, Jaxon has turned into this totally different kid, the last year has been like a roller coaster ride, he has such a bad attitude and he back talks all the time. He doesn't like to clean his room, he loves to make messes and doesn't listen to anything Bob and I say. So I wondered what 4 would be like, I keep asking me self if it is going to get better, I can't imagine it getting worse and I cannot understand why he acts the way he does. This is a normal arguement with Jaxon....

Mom/Dad: Jaxon, you need to get your clothes downstairs

Jaxon: No, I don't want to

Mom/Dad: Okay, well you will not be watching your TV (its not always the TV, we have taken away toys and he just finds his brothers and plays with them)

Jaxon: Thats mean, you can take my clothes downstairs, thats your job

I, at this point have to walk away, I sometimes ask why I am arguing with a three or four year old.

Then in the same hour he can be the sweetest kid on the face of the earth, he will help without even asking. So I think to myself, "is it because I ask that he doesn't want to do?" I just can't figure it out. I have been off work today taking care of Ash and Jaxon has been a complete terror today. He doesn't want to clean his room, he doesn't want to get dressed, he doesn't want to pick up the paper that he shredded all over his room and he doesn't want to listen to anything I ask him to do. Jaxon has also decided that he is no longer going to go to the bathroom in the house, it is either outside in the grass or in our garage. Bob has washed the garage three times this week because of him. I guess its rough being four!!!???

2 comments:

Bentleys said...

My sweet lil Hunter is the same way I think they have found they have their own thoughts and just like to test you. Try turning it into a game that almost always works or I start picking his toys up and sing a song or challenge him and he's doing it himself. Each year there are different obstacles I think terrible two's are just the beginning!

Eric and Jenny said...

Hey I just noticed you on Teri's blog. You have the cutest little boys! Isn't it fun having two little guys? Don't tell me three and four years is harder than two. My son Lance was not so easy as a two year old I was really hoping those tantrums were going to get better before they get worse. I hope Ashton gets feeling better nothing worse than putting your baby through a surgery.