Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cellulitis or Cyst....

Well as you might be able to tell, its been another crazy week, I am just calling it a crazy month. A couple of weeks ago Ashton looked like he had a black eye, I didn't think anything of it, he is a boy and they get black eyes and bruises all the time.





So this eye has gotten pretty bad over the last week, so I was thinking allergies, okay I can handle that with medication. So I was told when calling up to the pediatrician to give him benadryl and watch him, we tried that for 2 days and nothing change. So I called back up Tuesday morning and they said to try Childrens Zyrtec, so we tried that and nothing happened. Meanwhile all this is going on, I am getting about one to two hours of sleep a night, he is waking up every single night screaming and crying that he hurts. I hate this, you never know when its really time to go to the doctors.





So the "REAL" fun began last night or lets say early this morning, Ashton woke up around midnight and was screaming again, I went in his room to once again calm him down and he wanted nothing or nobody. This really upset me and when I looked at his eye once he stopped crying it was completely shut and really bad looking. After debating for two hours I decided it was time to go to the doctor and made my trip to the ER at 3am this morning. I hate watching my child be in pain and wonder it can't be me instead, I bawled the entire way to the ER and decided to be strong when I walked in. The doctor diagnosed Asthon with Cellulitis and gave him a shot of penicilin and we were on our way 2 and a half hours later. Ashton already had an appointment with his pediatrician to get his 2 year old shots, so they wanted me to keep his appointment and see what Dr. Hom wanted to do.





So we go to his appointment at 3pm and yes I still haven't gone back to bed from being up last night at midnight. Dr. Hom says he doesn't know if it is quite cellulitis and thinks that it is a cyst and its just getting bigger. He puts him on an antibiotic (which will fight the cellulitis if he has that) and says if its not cleared up in a week he will have to have surgery. My heart probably dropped to the floor, because Ashton has been through so much in his two years of life and I hate watching any child have to go through anything period. Please prayer that this just goes away with the antibiotic and that all will be well. I love you Ashton and Get Well BABY!!!!


The Pictures are in the order of how it started, the last one was taken this morning in the ER. He looks happy and most of the time he is, its when he is in bed that it hurts the most. POOR LIL GUY!!!!

2 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Poor little guy! I hope everything turns out alright.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh my goodness..I am sorry. He will be fine, I am sure of it, but I will for sure keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there ok..