Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break Day 3 - Dallas World Aquarium

We ventured out early this morning to catch the train to head to Dallas.  It isn't far away by car, but traffic free going by train. 


 
Jaxon was hanging out in this little space and Grandpa was being funny asking where Jaxon was.

 
Excited to ride the train.


 
Downtown Dallas is sooooo different, huge buildings, this one was neat, I guess there is a restaurant at the top, I'll have to check it out sometime.

 
This is a stork, he was hiding, I would too.....all these people there.

 
The start of our adventure.

 
Giant Anteater, so crazy looking and very interesting.

 
My very favorite of the entire place, this is a Pygmy Marmoset and I want to find one and bring it home.  I've always wanted a monkey and this little thing was the perfect size.

 
Three toed Sloth


 
Very pretty birds

 
Turtles


 
Pale Face Saki Monkeys

 
Red handed Tamarin



 
Polka Dot Stingray

 
I thought this was interesting, she was cleaning the tank, not sure I'd want that job, but someone has to do it.

 
Two toed Sloth


 
Crocodiles

 
Flamingos

 
Jaguar

 
More Flamingos




 
And then we caught the train and headed back after lunch at Subway.  It was so much fun and we'll definitely go back when its not as crowded as it was today since its Spring Break.
 
Top Left is a Golden Lion Tamarin, top left is a crocodile and the bottom is my favorite monkey.Top is a Sawfish, 1st on bottom is Ashton intrigued with being in the tunnel of fish and all the others are different fishes.


Top picture is a Denizens of the Deep, its the creepiest looking crab thing ever, a purple starfish on the bottom left and a very pretty fish on the bottom right.


 
Downtown Dallas, its beautiful.





 
And now I'm exhausted and ready for bed, but had a blast.
 

No comments: