Monday, March 7, 2011

Another weekend...


A few things I learned this weekend:

1. Its pretty easy to entertain a 6, 4, 1 and 38 year old just by popping popcorn. Who knew it would be so much fun and that they would laugh for 10 mins straight. I didn't, but now I do!!

2. Its better to watch TV sitting on a stool and listening with your head phones then to lay in bed covered with a blanket and no head phones. Who knew? I'm still thinking the bed with a blanket is better.

3. Never and I meant NEVER take a 6 year old with you when you have to buy tampons. Here is how is went down:

Jax: "Mom, why do we always have to buy those stick things?"

10 mins later...

Me: "Jax, Mommy doesn't feel like explaining that process, one day you'll understand!"

Jax: "well I just don't get what we do with them, we just buy them and they disappear."

Me: "Its okay, you don't want to do anything with them."

Seriously, this conversation has me in a blank stare. Part of me wonders where my baby went and why he has grown up and the other part of me wants to scream NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not that its a bad thing, but seriously, can we keep the questions to 6 year old questions? Wait, what are 6 year old questions these days?

Anyway, I learned a few things this weekend, but had a nice relaxing weekend. I May or may not have lounged on the couch ALL weekend watching lifetime movies one after another after another bawling everytime Army Wives preview came on and counting down until the very minute it was finally here, only to be disappointed with the first episode, but they always draw me in and I will be loving it soon. Hope you all had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I love a good lifetime movie, a fabulous waste of two hours if you ask me!

I have not popped real popcorn in years, that does sound fun, I will have to do that.

Funny because I am just doing a post right now about an embarrassing moment involving children and lovely tampons. Gotta love it!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh those popcorn pictures are priceless. Every single one of them has the cutest expressions on their faces, even Bob. So much fun. I think Carson would have loved that too.

Love your tampon incident...little awkward, right??