Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life

I received this in an email below and it got me thinking, this is exactly what Bob was thinking one year ago when we were told that he may die. You never ever look at things like this when you think your going to live until your old. But since going through what I did last year, I live life a little different.

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
(Written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth
would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it
melted in storage.
I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was
stained, or the sofa faded.
I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried
much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the
fireplace.
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his
youth.
I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day
because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
I would have sat on the lawn! With my grass stains.
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more
while watching life.
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,
wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished
every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the
only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later Now
go get washed up for dinner.'
There would have been more 'I love you's'; more 'I'm sorry's.'
But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute..look
at it and really see it...
live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!
Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing
what Instead; let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do
love us.
Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with, and what we are doing
each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally I
hope you have a blessed day .

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly.

The one that catchest my eye the most is the pregnant for 9 months one. I so couldn't wait to be done being pregnant and then I could wait until they slept through the night and then I couldn't wait until they crawled and then walked and then were potty trained. Looking back I think I just rushed the years by without enjoying them being small and cherishing every moment.

So what I have decided is that I am going to is make a list of things I am going to do less or more and I challenge everyone else to do it. Maybe you worry about something so small or get mad over something so little. What has made me decide to do this is this story http://www.sweetandsassyasnatty.blogspot.com/. Talk about a challenging life!

So heres my list and I am not hiding anything:

*I promise to do less yelling at my kids or "raising my voice". Their only little once, who cares if they colored on the wall or dropped their drink on the floor, it all comes clean eventually.

*No more getting mad at my Husband because he misplaced something that really isn't that important or can't be replaced, like a diaper (he is good at getting a diaper and losing it).

*No more hating my job, I am going to be thankful I have one, because there are many that don't.

*No more getting mad because Lexi pulls out all the DVDs out of our cabinet, they go back in right.

*No more getting mad because someone didn't respond to my text within 5 minutes, you never know what their doing, so why get mad over it.

*No more getting mad at my boys because their room is constantly a mess, I may miss it one day when their grown up and living far away (I hope not).

*No more getting mad at them for wrestling for 20 minutes every night until I am ready to scream, because as mentioned above, I may miss this one day.

*No more getting mad at Ashton for yelling in the store that he has to go poop, because maybe he made someone smile today.

*No more telling Lexi that she can't get out the pots and pans and do whatever she desires to do with them.

*No more stressing over how messy my house is because I have 3 kids that have their toys spread from here to china.

*No more getting mad over Ashton drawing pictures on himself.

*No more getting at Bob for not bringing his clothes to the laundry room.

*No more getting mad that my Husband spent $100.00 on a stupid truck that is going to take $400.00 to get going.

*No more getting mad that we are driving a $500.00 car to save us a car payment every month so we could get our "crap" paid off. I should be thankful for this, because we are so much better off than we have EVER been.

*No more getting mad when my Husband leaves me on EMPTY and I find out at 5am in the morning when he says "Honey, you will need to get gas first!"

*I promise to say "I love you" more.

*I promise to take my kiddos to the park atleast once a week so they can run wild.

*I promise to let them have a treat and not stress about them not eating dinner.

*I promise to let them laugh when they want to even if its right before bed time, maybe something is funny to them.

*I promise to let them play in the mud or the rain or the dirt whenever they want, clothes are replaceable, but memories aren't. They will wash up!!

*I promise not to get mad when Ash knocks on my door at 2am saying he wants to come lay with me.

*I promise to love them more and with my whole heart, not that I don't, but can you ever love your kids enough?

I know there are many other things I could work on and I plan to do it. I think overall it will make me a happier person all around. I find myself stressing over stupid crap. So from now on, no more sweating the SMALL stuff!

No comments: