Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

Friday:
















We went to the Roy Aquatic, it was fun! The boys had a blast and didn't want to leave. I found out that day that my oldest Jaxon has no fear whatsoever, he decided while going down the slide with my sister to push off of her and went down by himself, I freaked when I seen him by himself in 4ft water, I started yelling (I couldn't jump in, cuz I had Lexi) and then seen my sister catch up and grab him. He said to me "What Mommy, I am just fine!" Yeah you might think you are Jax, but your not, your only 5, not 18. Boy does this kid scare me!

Friday Night:










Friday night we had plans to go to our neighbors, have a fire, do hobo dinners and relax, then do fireworks! Well we were there only an hour and Jax comes running from the side of their house screaming, I couldn't tell what was wrong, but my Mom seen he was bleeding. I don't do well with blood, especially when it comes from my child, so my Mom told me to run and get the keys that Jax needed stitches and we needed to go ASAP! I go running while Jax is yelling "Please Mommy, don't make me get stitches!" I start crying, my poor kid as already been through so much with everything else going on...WHY THIS!! We arrive at the ER, they get us back immediately and Jax is still screaming, we tried getting his mind off it by talking about this, but he would keep looking his fingers. So he got 4 stitches in one finger, 3 in another and two are glued, he has a cut on his palm and small cuts all over. All this from playing with a tape measure. So he has them on for two weeks, no swimming or nothing...Totally sucks and I feel so bad for him. But Jax has to learn everything the hard way!! After all the stitches were in and he was FREE, he stood up and said "well that wasn't so bad!" Funny kid!

The 4th:





































I have a million of pictures and you will have to excuse me for these not being in order, I am too lazy to fix them.

We had a fun 4th, but for some reason it didn't seem like the other years and thats because my Dad was missing, he is still in Korea! But we went to the park, missed the parade, but ate lunch and relaxed then went home for a bit and went back. I love the 4th, but this one was not my favorite at all. Nobody was in the mood to do anything, because of everything that has happened lately. But I realized that only was thing is important and that is that I still have all my family here with me today. Hope everyone had a good 4th!

Bob update:

So I never got to blog about our fun week last week because my life has seriously been crazy. Tuesday Bob got the heart cath, when we were getting ready to leave, the nurse kept saying that we had to make sure the place where they put it stayed soft and didn't form any bumps bigger than a pea. So I of course didn't sleep at all that night, I worried every minute, but Bob kept saying he was fine. The next morning he got up to work from home and an hour late came upstairs telling me to call 911 that he heard something pop and that he was in pain and not sure what to do. Well we both remembered the girl saying to apply pressure if that happens, but she also said it could kill him. I was worried sick! I kept thinking the whole time on the phone that I was going to lose my Husband at any minute. I tried to keep myself calm for my kids because they hadn't a clue! The operator was awesome one the phone, he kept asking me to make sure he was breathing and if he was any pain. He reassured me that they were on their way even though it seemed like a lifetime. I ran to my neighbors to get my kids over there and called my Mom on my house phone to have her meet me here. So the paramedics show up and they monitor his vitals for about 20 minutes and ask if I would rather take him or if I wanted them to take him. They said his vitals were fine, but he needed to go immediately as it seemed he had a vessel pop in his leg where the cath was done. Well my medical bills are already outrageous and I knew that I could get him there just as fast as they could so I did. Turns out that Bob had an Anyoursim in his leg and he is lucky to be alive. They had to apply pressure for an hour and 15 minutes and now he is bruised from the hip down his leg and over to the other leg. Its quite painful, I would post pictures, but Bob would not be happy! So that was our crazy Wednesday and Bob has been in pain ever since and pretty much on bed rest and not able to move a whole lot. I feel so bad for him and so helpless, because Bob normally has a hard time sitting still, he constantly on the go. But now he doesn't have any energy and he is in pain. I have learned so much from this whole thing, I have learned what is important in life and what isn't. I can't say that Bob and I are struggling 100% because we still have a roof over our head, food on the table and jobs. But we have definately hit the hardest time in our life. Our medical bills are through the roof, we do have insurance, but 10% of everything is what we pay and it sucks. I realized that we have to take it one day at a time, we never know what tomorrow will bring. I am so thankful and blessed to still have my Husband and kids and other family here, I have so much support and life is too short to worry about things that don't matter when your gone. Right now I am living one day at a time and hoping that tomorrow will be the same.

Bob goes for a Cardiac MRI on Wednesday at the U and then his open heart will be scheduled. I am not looking forward to this, I can't wait to get it over with, I can't wait to have my Husband back and healthy. It all still seems like a nightmare, but its not. I will keep you updated. Thanks!

4 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh life, you are truly amazing at your outlook and your ability to keep going. Hang in there...

priceless pictures of Bob and Lexi, those are the sweetest!

Bentleys said...

WOW I don't know where to start! What a busy busy crazy weekend! We are all here praying for your family and I hope life settles down enough you can enjoy it!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Sierra this just breaks my heart, you guys just don't deserve all this, the stress of medical bills alone is so stressful and then to be worried about your husband all the time but I have to agree with Teri those pictures of Bob and Lexi are about the sweetest things ever, you can just see how much he adores her. Hang in there friend...

Jamie said...

You have been through so much. I look up to you and your will to go on. I can't believe your son cut his fingers on atape measure!! I will for sure not let my kids play with them anymore, thse suckers are sharp