Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Don't wait for tomorrow, it may never come, live for today!"

During everything that has happened, there have been so many people that have kept my spirits up, have kept me going and have not let me or my Husband give up. First, my family, I wouldn't know where to be without them, they are my rock and I can call my Mom or sister anytime of the day and just cry. When my Dad was sick my sophomore year of high school, my Mom didn't have anyone to lean on, my family walked out on us and my Mom was left to deal with it all. We didn't have good neighbors at all, everyone was rude and no one cared. It was the hardest times of my life. And now its like Deja Vu all over, except I have wonderful people surrounding me. I am lucky to live in such a wonderful neighborhood with great neighbors who have made sure that Bob and I are taken care of. I also have some of the most wonderful friends, but during this time, I have also figured out who my TRUE friends are. Its sad, because some people just don't care, all they think about is themselves and to hear the words "Don't worry about it", it really makes me mad. How can I not worry about my Husband? I need some explaining, he is going to have open heart surgery and more than likely he will be okay, but there is always that slight chance that something could go wrong. He has to make a Will, they wouldn't do that if they thought that there was no chance of anything going wrong. He will be on life support for a couple of days to let his body rest, this freaks me out more than the whole surgery. I don't want to see my Husband go through all of this, but I have too and I have no choice. I also have 3 wonderful kids, who at times can test my patience to the max and be a pain in the butt, but I believe their a major part of Bob and I not giving up. They are the light of our lives and we will do everything to make sure that it goes as good as possible. They really don't understand everything, Ashton senses something is wrong, because he is very clingy, he won't let you leave the house until you have given him a kiss and a hug, even if your going to get something out of the car. He wants to be near at all times and he has become very emotional. Jax on the other hand is handling it different, he tells everyone his Daddy's heart is sick and that we are going to get it better. I love his positiveness, its definately a good thing. My poor kids have been through more than they should have to go though, they don't have a Daddy to wrestle with them every night, Daddy can't carry them to bed anymore and Daddy doesn't have a whole lot of energy to do much and its sad!

Tomorrow we will find out "the plan", I am so scared, this seems all too real now. Not that it wasn't before, but WOW, its really going to happen, it still feels like a bad dream and I keep wondering when I will wake up. I just hope that they can still fix it, because waiting for a heart could be a lifetime and I really want my Husband back. So please I am asking again, if you could please keep Bob and my family in your prayers tonight and tomorrow while we go through this rough time, I would greatly appreciate it more than you will ever know.

The good news is that my Dad comes home on Sunday, my kids have no clue, we are getting in the car and driving to the airport and not telling them who we're picking up. They are going to be SOOOOOO excited!!!

Thanks everyone for the support, even the many people that I have only communicated with through this blog have been so wonderful! Love you all!

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

That's great your dad is coming home, a little piece of good news! Good luck tommorow I will be thinking of you...

Thiago & Teri said...

Will be thinking of you tomorrow...

Jamie said...

That post made me cry. I am so sorry people weren't with you when your dad was sick, and that people can even act as though it's not a big deal now. I don't understand that, never will. It's true you find out who true friends are when something hard hits. You are a very strong woman. My only regret was that I was really immature during highschool and wasn't able to be a good friend to you then.Let's just say I have spread my wings a lot since then. I am def. not the same person, I actually love the woman I am today. I can't imagine nor will I try to act as if I know what your going through, all I know is you are in my prayers daily and I want the best for you and your cute little family. I admire you for your strength and will to go on. Jamie