Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 4, 5 and 6

Day 4:

I arrived to Bob sitting in his chair still in ICU eating pancakes, I mean falling asleep staring at his pancakes, it was quite hilarious! Day 4 was a good day, he got up and walked. His oxygen was still really low, so he still had a hard time walking and moving around. At 10:30 we were advised by the doctors that make the rounds that he would be moving straight to the floor in stead of to IMCU (intermediate medical care unit). So this was a great thing and I couldn't be happier. It was funny, because after that Bob told his nurse that he needed to rest before he had to walk upstairs...Funny guy, he actually thought he had to walk upstairs. I guess its all the drugs! At 2:30pm we finally made our way upstairs to room 411 bed 1 (weird, I have never been in the hospital were I had to share a room and boy was this quite the experience. When we got up there they took him for another walk, he did good! The rest of the day was spent resting. A good day!

Day 5:

I realized on this day that I was exhausted, everything finally caught up to me. But I still managed to roll out of bed at 7am and head up to the hospital. When I got there Bob's breakfast was still sitting there untouched. He was getting mad because everyone came in that morning everytime he tried to eat. He had seen the cardiologist, the PA, the wound care team, the respitory therapist, the cardiac rehab therapist and his RN. I made him eat his fruit and then he went to sleep for a little bit before they came back to bug him again. I don't understand how they expect you to get rest in a hospital, because if they aren't poking you or taking your blood pressure then their asking you fifty questions. I left at 3pm and went home and took a shower and got Lexi. Bob had been wanting to see her so bad and I had debated on bringing her up there. After seeing other babies there, I knew she would be fine.


So we all bonded for a little bit, watched Hells Kitchen and then Lexi & I made our way home.

Day 6:

WE FINALLY GOT TO COME HOME. GOOD NEWS is that Bob is feeling a lot better today and the only medication he has to take besides pain pills is Aspirin. We are so happy to be home.

If it wasn't for all the prayers, thoughts, words of encouragement and love we wouldn't be sitting here right now. We have had so much support from family, friends and neighbors. My neighbor went out of her way to watch Lexi all the days except 2 and I am so thankful for her, she is a wonderful lady and has a wonderful family. Like I said in my post before I think this whole thing has made Bob and I so much closer. Thanks everyone! HOME SWEET HOME!!!

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh that's great that he is home, he must be so happy to be back in his own bed. I agree hospitals are so annoying, it's impossible to ever sleep even in the middle of the night they are consistently bugging you. He looks great!

Tiff and Chris said...

How wonderful to finally have peace and be at home--nothing is better than home sweet home!

Thiago & Teri said...

Yay, that is great that he is home. Every day will just get better and better, I am sure of it.