Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Upcoming Holidays

Last year I dreaded the Holiday Season, I was hating everything about it. I was not prepared for it, I didn't want to face it period. I think it was because I had such a depressing summer full of chaos. But I tried to make the best of it.

So I have made a list of all I plan to do and I plan to have the best Holiday Season this far.


October



Last year we had a Halloween Party and everyone brought a soup, we had like 6 different soups and it was so fun!



We went to the corn maze last year, but didn't make it far, this year, we will concur it!



I have never been to Frightmares and really want to go.



Bob's amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake will be a big hit this year as it is EVERY year.



My Favorite thing about October, the pumpkin patch to pick our own pumpkin.

I am excited for October, my kids have no clue what they want to be, but I am sure it will be figured out real soon.

November



Last year I didn't make it out for Black Friday, truth is, Bob and I had NO MONEY at all!



One of my favorite things that I missed last year, I love the beautiful site and just the feeling of being there.




My all time favorite Holiday, I can't wait!

November is one of my favorite months, couldn't be because its my Birthday or because my favorite Holiday is that month...Nope, not at all!!!

December

This was by far the month that I dreaded last year, I kept tossing around how we would buy Christmas for our kids. But the crazy thing is that everything works out in mysterious ways, it just does.



I love doing this, we did it growing up and it will be something I hope my kids remember.



Started this tradition a couple of years ago and will keep it going.



Also visit Christmas Village every year, I love it just as much as Temple Square, its beautiful and full of spirit.



My all time FAVORITE movie ever. I think I watch this over and over and over and over and over and over. I never get sick of it.



I will have my Christmas shopping done by the 10th of December. I will not be out on Christmas Eve shopping, instead, I will be sleeping in and enjoying my family.



Last year, my Family received the most awesome gift ever, Christmas from 97.1 ZHT, it wasn't just small things either, it was the best thing ever and over $1000.00 in gifts. Thanks to my wonderful friend Sunset. So we have decided as a family that we will be providing Christmas for another family this year. I totally believe in "paying it forward" when you can. This took so much stress off of me, I have never seen my kids smile so much and I couldn't stop crying. I sometimes listen to the recording just to remember how blessed I am.



I love Christmas Dinner



This year I will be using shutterfly for my cards, they have the cutest and we are getting our pics done this weekend.



Yummy! Mine will surely not look like the picture, but hey, we try!!



Another one of my favorites, reading Christmas stories EVERY night. I have a few favorites.



We will be building a snowman in our front yard this year. All 5 of us!

So here is my list, I am sure there will be other things come up. I am truly excited this year. Bob and I are at a good place (knock on wood), we feel blessed to be where we are compared to a year ago. I have an amazing family and the most wonderful friends who have stood beside me and not let me give up. So I say....BRING ON THE HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh friend, this post just has me smiling all over, mostly because YOU so deserve this holiday season more than anyone I know you deserve to have a good one.

I hope all of your wishes and plans come true and your sweet family may enjoy a wonderful festive time of year.

Beautiful that you are paying it forward with giving a family a Christmas, how inspiring thanks I think maybe I will have to do the same thanks to your example.

Sunset Stanley said...

Yay! I'm excited for all the holidays too! I love your list! I thought about making one but I'll just copy yours because it's perfect. J/K! I'm excited to see you this weekend!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Ok! You just made me SO excited for the holidays... oh wow, it's crazy to think they are all coming up so fast! That's so awesome that you are going to buy Christmas for another family. I remember coming across your blog, and listening to the post from your Christmas surprise - it brought tears to my eyes and it was so neat hearing what your friend did for you. I'm excited to see your many upcoming adventures!

P.s. you are going to LOVE Frightmares! I do. I don't like haunted houses, so we don't go in them - I just love Lagoon, any time of year!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh Christmas Vacation...it is a classic isn't it. We qoute that movie year round. Love it. Great list...I think I will steal some of those ideas.