Saturday, September 11, 2010

9-11




I remember this day 9 years ago like it was yesterday. I was officially graduated and looking for a job. I was a teenager and still sleeping in until late hours of the day. The crazy thing though is that I woke up early this day. I had slept with my radio on all night and I kept going in and out of sleeping, I thought I was dreaming what was being said on the radio, but I wasn't. I woke up just before the second plane hit the tower. It was the most devastating thing ever to watch. I remember bawling asking my Dad if this was the end. We watched the news all the day and then my Dad and I took a quick trip to mall which they had shut down. We tried calling our family in New York and Virginia and couldn't get through to anyone. I tried calling my friend (pen pal) that lived in New York whose Dad was a firefighter and couldn't get through. It all seemed like a dream and that whole week seemed like the United States worst nightmare. But the one thing I remember is how united we all became, how we all stood up and flew our American flag with no shame. My heart aches for all the Men and Women lost on that day and all the children who lost loved ones, I can't imagine having to explain to my child that their father or mother or grandparent wasn't coming home because of some cruel act. My heart also goes out to all the Men and Women who fight for mine and my families freedom everyday. I feel proud to live in America and call this my home. God Bless All and WE WILL NEVER FORGET 9-11-01.

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Beautiful post, gave me goosebumps and pride all at the same time. It's hard to believe it's been 9 years, those same thoughts have been going through my head all day.

Jamie said...

Thanks for posting this!!