Saturday, September 18, 2010

A little getaway

I think every couple should do this....

We dropped the kids off at Grandmas and Jax at school and left for Lava. We headed past Lava to go to Pocatello and eat at Jack in the Box (I know some people hate this place, but I love it!!!). We then did some shopping and headed to Lava, where we checked in at the Home Hotel and Motel. We got a pretty sweet room. After that we walked around and seen that people were tubing down the river, so we decided to go. We rented a double tube (I have no pics) and headed down. I was scared, I will admit, the last time I went down this river I was small and we almost drowned. Also, I didn't know the river so I was pretty freaked. We went up where the lady told us to go in, I had this bad feeling that it wasn't the right spot and told Bob that I wanted to go back down. Thank GOODNESS!!! Because I am not kidding you there was about a 6-7 ft waterfall (probably not big to some) and we would've never known. So we tubed the river and had a blast. We then went back to our hotel where we had a 2 person hot spring tub in our room and relaxed in it for a while. After we headed over to White Wolf Restaurant and had dinner (they play Bingo there). I started feeling weird, but thought maybe I was just exhausted since I don't really sleep all too much. By the time we got back to our hotel, I had a full blown migraine and well you can guess what happened the rest of the night. I cried myself to sleep and woke up at 4am. I feel horrible, because we had all these plans to go and listen to this live concert, play cards and just relax, well I more than relaxed. I have never felt that bad in my life. I can only think of two things that it was 1. Didn't drink enough water yesterday, because I normally drink like 6 bottles of water and I had none or 2. I was so exhausted that everything just caught up with me.

Also, it was so beautiful up there, all the leaves are changing colors and I was just in heaven.



Horrible picture of me, but I love the background!!



We won $6.00 on a scratch off, so we got a powerball for tonites lottery which is currenlty at 97 million. I have never bought lotto tickets, I think their a waste of money, but we were splurging.



Part of our tub, it was huge, I told Bob I want to take it home to my bathroom.



The river and a hot spring.



So pretty!

Overall we had a blast and I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

I LOVE Lava Hot Springs, Steve hasn't been since he was a kid - so I want to take him this winter - I will have to get more info on where you went and maybe check it out! I'm sorry that you got sick, that's the worst when you plan something and then a headache gets in the way - that's happened to me a few too many times! You will have to drop the kids off again and try another time to get some quality time with the hubby, it's always important!