Monday, April 19, 2010

Learning to fly without wings....

I thought for sure my life was calming down after getting Lexi's nightmare over, but I thought wrong. Life is full of challenges and I for sure know that. And so it is crazy again...

First, Lexi has had 4 ear infections this year. It has been one after another after another, so the last doctor referred us to an ENT. I met with the ENT last week and he decided Lexi needed tubes, she completely failed her hearing test in her left ear and almost failed in her right ear. He said there was a lot of fluid behind her ear drum. I felt sick after leaving the doctors office and ended up talking with her pediatrician at Ashtons (my next issue)visit to see him. He advised that it wasn't a good idea to put Lexi under a second time in less then a month with all she has been through. I sat on it, prayed about it and slept on it and then cancelled it the next day. He also wanted to wait a couple of months since were just getting out of winter to see what happens, so that we will do.

Next, Ashton, my little peanut, okay big peanut has been having headaches since September. Last week, they took a turn for the worse, he started the vomiting and the losing his eye sight with them. I was sick once again about this and arranged for him to see the same doctor he seen last time I took him in for them which is Lexi's pediatrician. I have been keeping a journal of his headaches and they are about 2-3 a week and sometimes he will go without one at all, but the most he has gone without one is 5 days. Last time we went we thought for sure they were just childhood migraines, this time we think not. When the Dr was examining Ashton, it was found that Ashton has a heart murmur, just the words I want to hear....NOT. A heart murmur can mean anything and this is why we are going forward with doing an echo, not just a regular echo, but a sedated echo and on top of that a sedated MRI. We want to make sure we have all our t's crossed and i's dotted and so the plan is to do this all at once on Tuesday the 27th of April. I am nervous, heart disease is VERY genetic and it makes me sick to see that I have to go through this with Ashton now. I thought I was done, but I am weighing on positive thoughts and prayers, because they work. I am handling things a little better, because I believe in miracles and technology is so great nowadays. Its just hard to think that you have gone through this whole testing thing twice and now going for a third time. So I will update once I know more information and I am praying that nothing bad is found, but something that may be an easy fix to get rid of these nightmare of headaches.

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

What...you have got to be kidding me. Seriously, can you guys not get a break. I am so, so, so sorry friend. I am truly hoping that all is well and nothing is too serious behind those headaches. Poor kid. Love ya and sending good thoughts your way!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh what! I am devestated reading this, how in the world can one family have such rotten luck in the last year. I am so sorry you have to be going through this again, it's just not right. Hang in there, all will be okay just get through the next few months. Your good luck is just around the corner, I know it.