Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend





We started our spring break and Easter weekend with some fun at Toads Fun Center in Ogden. The kids had a blast and I thought it was perfect. They played Laser Tag 6 times, minature golf and arcade games all unlimited for $20.00 each for 3 hours.

After that Ashton and I made a trip to the ER. Ashton had woke up and around 11am had thrown up. He had no other syptoms or anything, so Bob was convinced that he ate something bad. I really didn't know. When we got home he brought me a tube of orajel and told me he ate it and that its what made him sick. I thought nothing of it at first and even went places until we got back home and Ashton wasn't doing good. He didn't want to eat (which is not like him at all), he said his tummy hurt really bad and he was very tired. He passed out on the floor and I began to worry. I then picked up the tube of orajel, still thinking nothing of it and read it. On the back it said "If you overdose, call poison control IMMEDIATELY". So I called and talked to a really nice lady, who explained to me that it wasn't good. She said "I need you to grab your son and put him in the car and drive to the closest ER." And then she asked which ER I would be going to so that she could call them. She advised me not to speed or run any red lights and to be calm. How do I be calm? Hello, I thought NOTHING could happen, am I dumb? So I did as told and well I can't say I didn't speed, BUT I didn't run any red lights. We arrived at Mckay Dee, our new home this year, since we couldn't go there with our insurance last year. And they had already been called and took us right back. The doctor explained that it could put him in heart failure or make him stop breathing. I freaked, I hate those two words (heart failure) more than anything in this world. I felt like my world was crashing again. The doctor explained that he thought he would be fine because he wasn't blue in his face or anything, but that he still needed to be watched. So they hooked him to heart monitor for 4 hours and we sat and sat and sat and sat. We were finally released at 10pm after the doctor decided that he probably threw it up and we were VERY LUCKY!!! Once again I feel like someone was watching over my family because things could've been really bad. So, I will NEVER EVER buy Orajel again, I will stick with teething tablets, because those are safe.






Saturday, we dyed Easter eggs.





Jaxon, Ashton and Bob had a contest to see who could break their egg first and well....






It doesn't turn out well when your egg isn't boiled. Bob tricked the boys into it and we laughed!!!










We then did an Easter egg hunt ourselves since it was freezing all day. Lexi's Brothers got eggs for her. And YES my boys are wearing cowboy boots with their shorts, they are weird, but I love them!!!






My kids scored big time with Easter. They got spoiled, it almost felt like Christmas! But they deserved every bit of it. Jaxon's is the blue easter basket stuff, Ashton's is the green and of course Lexi's is the pink. I love having pink in there with those blues and greens.






And here are the Easter outfits. I debated for a long time on what kind of dress to get Lexi. I had it all planned to get her this dress from Bliss and when I went there, they no longer had it. So I just went to Target and got dress that I know she will be able to wear again. I have plans to buy her a princess dress for her first birthday to take her pictures in.

We had a great Easter, I just wish the weather was warmer, but I will survive. Happy Easter to all our Family and Friends. Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend, well except for your ER experience. Poor girl. Glad all is well though. The kids look adorable in their Easter clothes!

Eric and Jenny said...

You are killing me with these pictures, you got so many great ones over the weekend. That dress is perfect for Lexi I know I say this all the time but seriously how cute is that girl. And the boys what handsome little fellas, really great pictures. Sorry about the orajel, I don't even know what that stuff is but what a rotten way to start off your spring break. Thank goodness the rest of your weekend was great!