Tuesday, September 15, 2009




Its crazy to think that this girl was this girl below 4 months ago:



She has changed so much, her personality, her looks and everything.

Yesterday she went to the doctor and we got good news and bad news:

BAD NEWS is that her heart isn't getting better, this just plain sucks! Yes its only been two weeks since her cardiology appt at Primarys, but she only has until she is 9 months. I totally misunderstood the doctor down there, I thought for sure there was no surgery at all. Well I was wrong. The doctor basically said that things look good right now, because she isn't showing any signs. BUT and I hate BUTS, this can change at any moment or day. Basically she will show signs of heart failure. I hate that word, I hate the thought of it and I just hate it! Signs are sweating during feedings, turning blue, chronic cough, slow weight gain and tired all the time. Well Lexi is showing NO SIGNS, which leads to the GOOD NEWS. She is gaining weight really good. FINALLY!!! She is going to be tall, she is in the 90 percentile, her weight is the 65 percentile and her head is teeny at 20 percentile. She started solids yesterday and she loves it. She LOVES oatmeal! I am hoping that this will keep her weight where it needs to be. She is doing amazing! I am so proud of her. So with some prayers and the grace of God I am hoping for a miracle so that next year there will be NO SURGERY and I won't have to have a break down. But for right now I will be thankful that she is doing good and hope it continues!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lexi is a fighter, just like her mommmy..and daddy! It's all going to work out. Just keep believing in those miracles!

I love seeing her newborn picture along with her now. She has gotten more and more beautiful each day! You're in so much trouble with that girl!