Thursday, September 24, 2009

Growing up before my eyes...




I think its crazy how fast time flies. I swear this year just started and here we are with 3 months left. Of course a lot has happened this year, but we are feeling more blessed to have everyone doing just fine right now.

Jaxon started school about 5 weeks ago, we got a phone call the first day of school....SUPRISE, SUPRISE!!! I went in and met with the teacher, who by the way, I love! We talked about things that happened with Jaxon over the summer and everything that happen with our family. She was totally understanding to everything. She had brought up that they had to color themselves and Jaxon drew a line down the middle like the scar his Dad has on his chest. I said its perfectly normal for him to do that with everything he has gone through. He has been through more in the last 6 months than some people go through in a lifetime. After the meeting I met up with her again, Jaxon is doing AWESOME in school, he brings home projects everyday and I am amazed by how much he has already learned and I totally take back what I said about Kindergarten being a waste of time. Jaxon is now going to counceling every week for the next 2 months, he needs someone to talk to about his anger and frustrations. Plus someone to talk to about everything that has gone on and help him cope with it. Jax is such a smart kid, I can't imagine my life without him, even when he does fustrate me to no end, i love the kid to death and would do anything in the world for him.

Ashton is talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and did I mention TALKING. He does not stop at all! Ashton has grown a ton lately, he is growing up too fast. He loves to color and make a mess, he likes to tear up paper and leave it on the floor. He has the strangest obsession with things like rocks, ever since he was 1 he loves rocks, he always has about 5 rocks in his pocket. Ashton has decided that eating is not a neccesity anymore, he maybe eats dinner once a week, the rest of the time he picks and says he is done 3 minutes into dinner. Ashton can't wait to be 4 (or pour as he calls it). He actually tells people his his 4, it cracks me up. Ashton loves to sing, he stills sings cowgirls don't cry and boots with the fur, especially when Lex has her boots with the fur on. SILLY KID! Ashton, what would I do without you, seriously! HE definately put the meaning of FAMILY together. LOVE THIS KID!!

Now my sweet baby girl, who is doing awesome! She is growing like a weed and I hate it so much. She rolls everywhere and loves her thumb. She sucks her thumb now and yes its cute right now, but will it be in 6 months. Ask me then? She is eating baby food, but hates pretty much....EVERYTHING. Her favorites so far are carrots and applesauce, everything else she gags on and refuses to eat it. I think she is finally growing, but I believe length wise the most. She is definately going to be tall. I love my little girl so much. I love having two girls in the house and someone that I will eventually be able to have girlie talks with.

Now for a Bob update for all the people that check my blog for that and yes he is consider one of the kids...KIDDING...HAHAHAHA!!!

Bob is doing great, he is gaining strength back very quickly, I am amazed. He has mowed the lawn twice, because he couldn't stand it any longer. I begged him not to do it, but he doesn't listen like most men. He already says he feels different as a good different. He can walk up a flight of stairs without feeling exhausted and he has SOOOOO much more energy already. Our goal is to run a 5K next year and we will do it. This weekend we are hiking waterfall canyon, I am super excited and Bob is too. I am so thankful he is doing better and continue to pray that it stays that way. We go next Wednesday for a cardiac MRI and hopefully everything will look fine. His scar is looking very good, I am amazed. His back looks horrible still and he will have a scar forever, but thats okay. As long as he is here and good I am fine with that.

Also, I don't know how many people have heard about Paul Cardall, the musician. He was born with a heart disease and just received a new heart two weeks ago. Amazingly he is already home with this sweet little girl and wife. Amazing story if you ever want to read his blog http://mytricuspidatresia.blogspot.com/. I truly recommend reading his amazing story of strength, struggle, hope and faith. He is a true miracle and his story is amazing. From what I understand he will be writing a book, I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Great update...so glad things are going so smoothly. You guys deserve some peace and quiet for awhile. Cute, cute picture of the little ones, love that they all match.
By the way thanks for your sweet comment, made me feel better and I thought to myself this is nothing compared to the things you have been going through. You are a great little blog friend, and I am so happy we are keeping in touch this way!!

Eric and Jenny said...

This was a cute post, I loved reading all about your sweet family. It's so wonderful you are all doing so well, and that picture is darling!