Monday, August 24, 2009

Jaxon starts Kindergarten







Well I can officially say that the first day of school was a SUCCESS and Jaxon fell in love with school. Last night I was worried, he kept coming in my room saying weird things like "Mom, I really don't need to go to school, there is nothing else I need to learn!" Or "Mom, I don't need anymore friends!" Amazing what a child thinks school is all about. But we got up at 6:45, ate a bowl of cereal, got ready in new clothes and shoes and headed out the door. He looked nervous, but when we got my Moms to drop off Lexi and Ashton, he said "Okay Mom I am ready, lets go!" So off we went, he did so good, he talked to his teacher and told her his name, she asked if he was ready for school and he said "yup, I sure am!" I stood over by the side and he kept looking to see where I was. I got teary eyed, but I didn't cry, I held it together and was just so proud of him. He took off, blew me a kiss and I walked to the parent meeting! I missed him so much, weird because I would normally be at work, I think I was more anxious to find out what he would think than anything. He came out with a smile and I asked how everything went and he said "Mom, I love school, am I going again tomorrow?" Sorry Jax, we have to wait to REALLY start until next week. So proud of him!!!

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

So dang cute...he looks so handsome in his cute little back to school clothes. I really think that kinda thing is hardest on the moms, you must be so proud of him. That was fun to read!!