Friday, September 12, 2008

The worst thing about being a parent...

My good friend from work called me this morning to tell me that her son's Best Friend passed away last night. He has been fighting an auto immune disease called vasculitis and took a turn for the worst on Tuesday. She said "Sierra, how do I tell my son?" I don't know, this is the most horrible thing and crappy and worst thing about being a parent is having to tell your kids something like this or be in that kids parents situation of losing their son. I don't know how people handle it but they do, it happens everyday and it just plain sucks. I hope I NEVER experience this, because I don't know what I would do or say. Please say an extra prayer for Cameron's family and my friend Cara and her family, this is so hard. Life is so short, please hug your loved ones and don't go to bed mad at each other or upset, its not worth it.

1 comment:

Brent~April~Kennley said...

That must be so hard as a parent to go through that kind of a loss. She is in a lot of peoples prayers, and i'm sure you gave her good advive.