Friday, September 5, 2008

5 years







Wow, it is so hard to believe that Bob and I have been married for 5 years. We have been through so much and learned so much from each other. This post by be long, so I apologize ahead of time.






Bob and I were set up by a good friend at work in January of 2003, I had just gotten out of a long relationship and wasn't looking to find someone right away. Bob took me on a date on January 24th, 2003 to Park City, we ate pizza at this very nice restaurant. During that time, the Sundance Film Festival was going on. We walked up and down main street and saw some stars, but no one too big. After Park City, Bob took me to the Car Show at the South Towne Expo Center, I had never been and it was fun. Bob and I really got to know each other on our first date. We went to his house that night and watched a movie and from then on, we were unseperable. I don't know how many people know, but Bob and I are 10 years and 9 months apart, he has two kids from a previous marriage that we see every other weekend. I don't mind our age difference except when it comes to a few things like music and movies. We are completely different in these two areas, its all good though! Bob asked me to marry him in March of 2003, I of course said yes! He didn't have any formal way of asking, he just took me ring shopping and said "Hey, I think its time we get married!" I knew Bob was the right guy for me on the first date, he was a gentlemen, had a strong heart and had already been through HELL and back. We set our wedding date for September 6th, 2003, the most beautiful day of my life. Two weeks before my wedding I had to have emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed, I don't remember much of that week because I was really sick. But Bob stood by my side and took really good care of me. Our wedding day came and it was the most beautiful day of my life besides having my two adorable boys (nothing will ever take over those two days). Bob and I headed to Vegas after our wedding, we had a blast. In October 2003, we found out that we were pregnant with our first baby together, I was so happy, but sick for 9 LONG months, I actually didn't gain very much weight until the last two weeks. Jaxon was born on May 30th, 2004 and has been a blessing even though he keeps me on my toes. Bob and I have had so much fun with Jaxon, he has taught us both a lot. In November 2005 we found that we were pregnant with baby #2, I was really excited because after being told I couldn't have any more kids, I thought for sure it would never happen and it did. This pregnancy went by so fast, I was already 2 and half months a long when I found out. On June 12th, 2006 Ashton was born and has been the light of my life ever since then. Bob and I have learned a lot from each other and our kids, we have our ups and downs, but somehow and somewhere, we always find a way to make it. Last December, on Christmas Eve, Bob and I bought our first house together, this has made our relationship so much stronger and we love it.


Bob does so much for me and I can't imagine life without him, even though sometimes he drives me crazy, I love him more than he will ever know. He always takes care of me when I am sick, he helps with the kids, he loves to do yard work, he has had his job for 17 long years and he loves his family and they always come first. HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSAY BOB!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 5 years of marriage. I am so happy for you both!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Congrats that is so awesome:) You have such a cute family too.

Thiago & Teri said...

Happy, happy anniversary. You guys are such a darling family, I had no idea he was that much older than you. Congrats to you guys!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Congratulations, I hope you guys have a great anniversary! You make a wonderful couple, I did not realize you were that much younger than Bob. It's funny how that just doesn't matter as we get older, you guys seem great together!