Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tubing anyone...

My family every year goes tubing up at perception park and its probably one of my favorite things to do.

We get up early, get ready and head up there (for those of you who aren't familiar, it is like 10 mins past Pine View).

This year we took one of my good friends and her family, we grew up together and have actually known each other since we were 2. We have always been really close, she went to High School in Arizona (Military) and then moved to Hawaii and then here two years ago. She has a son who is almost 6 and all the kids get a long great.

We had such a blast today even though I can barely move, we must have hiked the mile up the river atleast 12 times to come down, hit every rock on the way down each time and every branch to every tree, but we still had fun and managed to make a blast out of it. We took up lunch (hot dogs) and let the kids run around like monkeys in the wilderness. Of course the kids had a blast. Jaxon and Ashton only went down the river twice. Jax loved it last year and Ash screamed the entire way down this year, but didn't go last year. Jaxon had more fun throwing rocks than anything.

Couple of highlights:

My friend Deanne got stuck between 2 rocks for literally 10 mins while going down the river. It was hilarious to see and I wish I had a picture.

My friend Lindsey and me got stuck in a whirlpool of water and couldn't get going, finally after 5 mins we were on our way.

Here are some pictures, more to come...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I added you to my blog also!