Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So many things to be thankful for...




I decided that with everything that has happened this week that I needed to make a list of things that I am thankful for, I am sure I will leave out a ton. Its amazing how you never really think about all the things us Americans have compared to other countries...


-I am so thankful for my family

My husband-he puts up with everything that I do and say (I don't do bad things, but I am sure I drive him crazy once in a while). He loves me no matter what, he took care of me both times I was pregnant all nine months, cleaning up puke, feeding me and keeping me healthy. I love you Bob!!!

My Boys-Wow, I really cannot explain my love for my two adorable boys, they are my world, the reason I wake up everyday and that I go to work. I love to just sit and stare at them, I can't imagine my life without them. I am so scared for them to grow up. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel the same?

My Mom and Dad-My Mom and Dad have been two people that I have looked up to my entire life, they supported me, cheered me on, held my hand, let me cry on their shoulders and pushed me to try harder and I thank them for that.

My Sisters-We have always been close, we have a weird relationship, I would do anything in the world for the two of them. They are my rock and my bestest friends ever.

My Grandma-She has watched my kids for the past 4 years so that I can work and be able to provide for my kids without having to worry about my kids for 8 hours a day. I can't thank her enough! Love you Nanny!
My Friends-So many of them have kept me smiling this week, I am so thankful for them and all the kind words during this hard time. I know that my friends are there for me good or bad and I can't thank them enough.

All the Men and Women serving our country-Wow, I don't even know where to begin, growing up in a military family this really means so much to me. These Men and Women are the reason we are breathing right now, the reason we are able to sit at home and watch our favorite TV show, take our kids to the park, celebrate Holidays with our family, go on a vacation and the list goes on and on. I am so thankful for these people in more ways than I can explain. Many of them day on a daily basis and it goes un-notice, instead we worry about which celebrity is having babies or who is drinking what or dating who. But I believe everyone needs to stop and think about the reason why we are able to have FREEDOM.


There are so many things I am thankful for and I am sure I could be here forever writing this. A girl at work reminded me of the things she was thankful for, especially since all those Men and Women serving our country are fighting for our freedom. Since my friend's Son has lost his Dad it has been so hard for a lot of people, you never realize how hard it is or what those people are going through when you see it on the news or read it in the paper, MAN, IT SUCKS!!! I have watched my best friend cry tears that I have never seen her cry in the 23 years I have known her. I have listen to an innocent little boy talk about why he doesn't know why his Dad is gone. I don't think anyone will ever be able to answer this question in a way they might want to, but he died a HERO and he is looking over his little boy. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

This was so sweet it made me a little teary eyed. Great reminder of all we have to be thankful for. I hope your friend is doing okay the whole thing has been on my mind. I'm so sorry.

The Martin's said...

Hey!! I just found your blog. I'm so glad I did I can't believe how big your kids are! Keep in touch! - Melenna