Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day Weekend

Our weekend was perfect, it was just wanted I needed to feel somewhat refreshed and ready to attack another week.  I have 2 and half week until spring break and I can't wait for a full week off with my kids and a nice surprise visit from someone.  YAY!!!!


I got off around 11, headed home, took Lex to lunch and then made a trip to Target.  A normal Friday routine.  After we headed home to wait for the boys and get freshened up.  Headed up to Keller to meet up for Dinner with my Grandparents and their friends.  We wen to Cheddar's, its really good.

This sweet lady is my Grandma and Grandpa's friend Ida (now our friend and Lex best friend), she is sweet as sweet comes.  She reminds me so much of Lex, full of sass and life.  She is 88 years old, has been married for 73 years to her 93 year old Husband.  They are amazing and I could learn so much from them.  Ida has a thing for dolls and has over 400 dolls in her house.  She brought Lex a doll and one day this doll will mean more to Lex than she knows.  Ida just thinks the world of Lex and I love watching these two talk.

Bob wasn't able to join us for dinner, he had to work late.  After dinner we headed back home and the boys left to spend the night with my grandparents and I hung out with Lex until she passed out on me.


We slept in....well until 8am, that's sleeping in for us.

Boys went to a movie with Grandpa and Grandma.  Bob, Lex and I headed to go shopping until we dropped.  We went to Hulen Mall down near downtown Fort Worth.  Checked out many stores and then hit up Costco.

Bob and Lex were shopped out, so we headed home, then decided to go back out and head to Rack Room Shoes where I got me some NEW BOOTS.

We then headed home, grilled some steak and relaxed.  Kids and I watched Nemo.


We got up early and went for a bike ride.  Bob is determined to get Lex to ride her bike with no training wheels, but Lex just isn't ready.

After the bike ride and the park, we headed to check on my Grandma who had a pretty bad accident the day before and ended up in the ER.  Thank goodness she is okay.  After we hit up Walmart and then headed back home to relax for the day. 

Bob tried out his new mower and the rest of us sunbathed.

Lex was determined not to nap, I normally make her nap every Sunday, because she doesn't all weekend and by the time Sunday night hits she is pretty crabby.  Somehow she won, I took a nap and she bugged Daddy.

So this little girl passed out really early while the boys and I watched movies and hung out.

Monday (today):

We got up and got ready, headed out the door to go check out things.  Bob and I both had the day off with all the kids.  This was just what we needed.

We headed towards Downtown Fort Worth, looking to check out the Water Gardens, but the wind was horrible and we decided to come back another day.

We then headed to Lake Worth, where we checked out the lake, not really much to see since the lake is surrounded by houses and private property.

After this we headed to lunch at Braum's, then out to check out this Nature Center my Grandpa thinks highly of.  It didn't disappoint.

This place was so fun, we didn't even see a fourth of it.  We'll definitely be going back we hiked  trail that was a little over a mile long, the kids did good.  Lex poor little legs had a hard time keeping up and she couldn't make it over some of the big rocks, but she did good for being three.  We seen a turtle, lots of bugs, big bugs, an owl, birds galore and ducks.  It was nice to just be out enjoying the almost 80 degree weather.

And that's our weekend, now its back to reality for another 4 days...

No comments: