Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bucket List for 2012

I can't believe 2011 is coming to an end, but I think we say that every year. Time flies by when your having fun....or I guess no matter what. This year has been good to Bob and I, I think we have grown a ton and learned what the true meaning is of LIFE. I have gained a better relationship with my Family, done things I never thought I would do and everyone came out healthy this year. I think life is on the right track and I love it.

We already have a couple of things planned for 2012.

We had all intensions of a cruise, but our plans changed when I knew I needed to go see my Grandpa who has liver cancer and has chosen to do nothing about it. So in March we are going....


to Texas. I am actually super excited. I love seeing my Grandpa, I love that my kids have a relationship with their Great Grandpa and he is extra good to them. I love my Grandpas Wife Bonnie, who is more like my Grandma then my Mom's Mom has EVER been. I think the world of Bonnie and I am so glad to see them in March. We are looking forward to this trip.

We also have a surprise coming hopefully an official announcement soon...


That should involve this....a wedding. My little sister has found an amazing guy, he truly is what she needed and they will soon be engaged and getting married this summer. I can't wait to welcome Andrew to the family. He is in for a ride of his life...oh wait, Lex already welcomed him.

And in 2012 I want to do more as a family, so...


We are starting with this. I am getting a Mason Jar and we will write down all our memories and share them on New Years, I of course found this on Pinterest (Where else can you get good ideas???).


We are going to have a dedicated family night twice a month where all electronics are turned off and its about playing games and making MEMORIES.


We of course will take our annual summer vacation, but we haven't set in stone where yet. We have thrown around Lake Powell several times, but we may end up at Bear Lake, which is fine with me.

I can't wait to bring in 2012 (Not that I stay awake to do that!). I am excited for a new year and new beginnings. I hope and pray that 2012 is just as good as 2011 was. So BRING IT!!!

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute post, I am with you I love the start of a New Year. I always set all these goals and resolutions and even though some of them never happen some of them do. So I have to think it's doing some good!

Texas sounds great, what a fun trip going to see your Grandpa. I sure hope he is doing okay, that's a rough thing......

Hope you have a very happy 2012!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh and you need to tell me what your Pinterest account is I want to follow you!

Sunset Stanley said...

I love the idea of your game night with electronics OFF! Such a good idea. And your jar with the memories. So fun too!