Friday, January 28, 2011

My crazy life

I have barely had time to breath the last two weeks, let alone take pictures, do anything fun, sit down on the computer for 10 minutes or ANYTHING.

We have had a lot happen....and I mean A LOT.

First, we bought the Suburban, everything seemed fine until we took it for safety and emissions and they told us that it had a hole in the gas tank. We thought, key word THOUGHT it would be nothing big. Well we THOUGHT WRONG. Again, we THOUGHT we would save ourselves $500.00, YES $500.00 and replace the tank ourselves. So my Dad and Bob spent two very long days working on it. Everything went so smoothly that it didn't seem right and well it wasn't. So the truck wouldn't start and it wouldn't start and the next day it wouldn't start. SO.....Yes, we had to tow it with my Mom's Jeep to a place around the corner from us....SCARY!!! After two snaps in the tow rope and one scary moment, we made it safe and sound. Guy said the most it would cost OUT THE DOOR so that includes labor, parts and all was $754.00. I know I cringe too, I hate spending money like that especially on cars. I would have love to say I went on a cruise or I went to Disney Land, but nope I went to Firestone. So he calls us and when my Dad and Bob put in the gas tank they crushed the gas line, so the engine was getting no fuel. So....this is where it gets good. We leave the car there Saturday and Sunday, they will have it ready on Monday. Bob goes to pick it up and he said the total was $1308.00. You can imagine Bob's face and how pissed off he was. But Bob put up a good fight and got the total to $816.00. So $3000.00 later and we are driving a truck FINALLY! It feels like heaven to be driving your own car again. My Mom gave up her Jeep for 3 weeks, we took her back and forth to work, we took Ash to school and back 2 times a week and I had crazy schedules at work to work around everything. But it all worked out..AGAIN!!!

SO....Monday after picking up our truck we think were doing good right. Truck is fixed has a whole new gas system, new gas tank, new gas line, new pump and new gas filter. Well our water heater in our house decides to give us trouble, there is no hot water in my shower AT ALL, but everywhere else in the house is fine. But I took a hot shower on Monday with no problems. So Bob spends a couple of hours trying to figure it out....and NOTHING. After cold showers all week, I had had it and I start googling and asking around. Call my Dad to come over even though I have asked him for a million things in the last two weeks. But he does and BOb and him spend 2 more hours blowing our hot water lines to my shower and all this nasty crap comes out and I have more water pressure now then I did before. So I spent an hour in the shower taking it all in. Again, it all worked out and this time I spent $0.00 and it felt good.

So I am hoping I can catch a break, I really need one. I want to take pictures of my kids tomorrow, they are growing up fast. Lexi is talking up a storm and hopefully I will have tons of pictures in the next post.

1 comment:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Whoa! I can be the first to say: I hate car problems! I feel like they are inevitable - and that sucks! Never had to do anything with our Mazda before we sold the Audi, and since selling the Audi we've had to replace a couple of tires!

Yuck - I'm sorry that you guys had to go through all of that, hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here :)