Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wow, its been a week....

There is no way that I want to repeat this week, unless I can just start over on Friday and call it good.

My horrible week started Friday, at that time I didn’t know, but it did. I gave it to my boys on getting a dog and well that didn’t go over so well. The sweet looking little thing actually had a ferocious side to him and bit my Husband and Ashton. So bye-bye the dog went! I know many people are thinking “you already have a dog.” Well we did and this is a hard subject for me to discuss because I miss Sadie dearly, she was the best dog and we will never ever be able to replace her. But two days before Bob’s surgery she went to a new home, she was sick and wasn’t eating and was acting really weird, so we found her a new home so we wouldn’t have to put her down. My kids miss her terribly and I feel bad for them, they gave up a lot this past year and I would do anything to be able to give it all back to them. So after much debating and tears I gave in to a dog again and it didn’t go over well. I tried explaining to Jax that we would get a dog when the time was right. I want a small dog, no bigger than 10lbs. So this may take time, but we will see.

After that, Saturday was a good day, we spent the entire day at Boondocks playing and having a good time. We won over 4,000 tickets and came home with quite the goodies.

Then Sunday came and it was the worse day ever. I wasn’t sure I should talk about it on here which is why it has taken me so long. I have had to clear my mind and calm myself down to do it. And I hope that no one looks at me as the world’s worst mother.
So I was getting Lexi is the bath, I had just gotten done straightening my hair and had unplugged my flat iron and left it where I always do. Well on the way into the bath, Lexi grab the cord to it and the flat iron fell right on her leg and burnt her. It still makes me cry thinking about it. She cried for maybe 2 minutes, I cried the entire day. I couldn’t believe that this had happened to my baby girl and it could’ve been prevented. She is fine, just has three burn marks, two of them are pretty bad and then one small one on her foot. And now I just feel like the world’s worst mother and can’t get over it, every time I clean it, I cry.

So after that then came Monday, it was a long day, I hadn’t gotten rid of the dog yet, because everyone was closed and I had no where to take him. I didn’t sleep that night worrying about everything and then I went to work for a couple of hours and left to take the dog to his previous owners. That was fun!

Then Tuesday I was thinking was going to be a good day until after work when we were at home and I hear this big bang and Jaxon comes running down…”HURRY MOM, its an emergency, Ashton is hurt.” I think my life flashed right before my eyes, because I wasn’t sure I could take one more thing. Well Ashton had decided to try to fly, he thinks he can fly, I have tried explaining over and over and over and over again that he CANNOT fly, but it won’t listen. So he decided to try to prove himself right. He climb all the way up onto the top bunk, got his chair and put it on the edge of the bunk bed and tried to stand on that only to fall 6ft instead. He currently has a swollen face, with a black eye and a bruised cheek. He still hasn’t learned his lesson and I am not sure when he will.



Wednesday seem to get better I didn't do anything that would possibly get me in trouble or make something go bad. I made no tough decisions on anything and I made sure Lexi was clear of all things that could hurt her. Lexi seemed to be in a really good mood. This little girl is growing up right before my eyes.



So its Thursday and this could always make you smile.....



Even if it is impossible to get Jaxon to smile.

3 comments:

Sunset Stanley said...

Ugh I'm sorry you had such a terrible week! I know you well enough that you'd NEVER allow anything to happen to Lexi. Accidents happen, my friend! I'm sure it was pretty traumatic for you! <3 you friend! Hope you have a better week!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh friend...you stop that right now. You are absolutely not a bad mom. I had a moment just like that on Tuesday. I was in Old Navy and guess he fell out of the shopping cart. Lincoln, huge goose egg right smack on the top of his head. I thought I should take him into weecare but was soooo embarrassed cause we were just there over his last injury. I didn't even post about it cause it seems like all I ever post is how I let Lincoln get hurt. I cried, and I cried, and I cried. Its like I know accidents happen, but I also know my kid well and now how fast he can get into trouble. Should have been watching better. Anywho...point is, I don't think either of us are bad moms. Accidents really do happen, and we do the best we can. I think you are amazing, everything you post shows how much you love your babies. They are so lucky to have you!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh you don't have to feel bad, like that hasn't happened to everyone. Lance when he was about one grabbed a hold of my curling iron, luckily it was the wrong end but still could have been much worse. To this day I still leave it in plain sight where both can reach it, I don't know what I am thinking, just in a hurry I guess. And I tried to fly when I was a kid and broke my leg, so no worries there. Sorry it was a bad week but don't think on it for a second more, stuff just happens.