Wednesday, January 13, 2010

8 Months old

Its hard to believe that my little girl is growing up so quickly. I hate it! I wish she could stay little forever, never have to worry about the day to day things that us grown ups have to worry about or the day to day life and stress and all that. I love that she is innocent and doesn't have a clue and relies on me. I love that, is that selfish? Lexi amazes me every month, sometimes I have to remind myself that she was premmature. She is my teeny tiny little girl and that will never change. The other day I was going through her clothes (by the way I have 4 totes full of clothes) and I was looking at her pajamas from when she was in the hospital and I was amazed that she once fit into them. She is so tall now. She currently wears 9 month clothes, I never thought she would be at 9 month clothes at 8 months, well I was wrong.

So some things about my little girl this month:

*She has FINALLY cut her first tooth and boy has it been a yucky teething time.

*She hates socks, she won't keep them on no matter how many times I put them on.

*She doesn't like baby food and is currently boycotting them all.

*She loves people food, I gave her stuff and Christmas and its been all downhill from there.

*She has decided she likes to chew on a pacifer, not suck, but chew.

*She loves her toys, the girl will sit and play with her toys for a good hour.

*She started crawling, but she gets lazy and sometimes doesn't lift her tummy up, so she army crawls.

*She loves to stick her tongue out.

*She still sucks her thumb, but not as much as she use too.

*She is a Momma's girl, she loves me and I am so thankful for that.

*She sleeps all night still, normally she sleeps from 7pm to 5am and then will go back to sleep from 5:30am to 8am and then I wake her up.

*She likes remotes, cell phones and anything that isn't hers.

*She got her first boo boo by taking a head time onto our hard wood floor and it broke my heart more than hers.

*She still has Mommy and Daddy wrapped right around those tiny little fingers and we are just amazed by her.

Lexi, you are the light of my life. I can't believe that 8 months has gone by so fast. Thanks for picking us as your parents, we love you so much!! Love Mommy & Daddy!

PS. Pics to come soon, she is currently in cranky mode because more teeth are coming in.

2 comments:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Sierra,

So I don't mean to be a blog stalker or anything, but I came across your blog and it's really grabbed me. I know we weren't ever good friends or anything, but I my heart is really going out to you and your family. It seems like your family has been through alot in the last year and what a strong person you are. I have been captivated for the last half hour or so by your posts, going all the way back through to the post where the secret santa came to your home. I even listened to the link from the radio show. What amazing co-workers you have to nominate your family. I'm really glad you were picked. I've also seen that it looks like your husband has made a full recovery. I'm so happy things seem to be looking up for you all, what beautiful children you have. I will keep you and your little girl in my prayers as you prepare for her surgery. I hope you don't mind me stopping by and leaving a note.

Thiago & Teri said...

So sweet...what a blessing she is in your lives, and what a blessing you are to hers. Happy 8 month little Lex!