Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Blues

Does anyone else have the winter blues? Because I do! I am tired of the cold, the snow, the nasty air and being ornery. I love when my kids can go outside and run around for hours and come in tired, I love the smell of spring, the green grass and leaves on the trees. I just LOVE Spring and Summer. And maybe I feeling antsy for Summer to get here because my Summer was washed away last year, I don't know. I just know that I really really badly have the Winter blues and need the sun to poke out more. I am hoping that February goes by as fast as January did. Then March is going to be a busy month and then its April.

So I have a funny story...

Last Thursday we are sitting at the dinner table and Jaxon says "Mom I had breakfast at school today." So I am thinking to myself, "I know your Grandma feeds you breakfast, why are you eating at school." Then he says "It was really good!" So I say "Jaxon, didn't Grandma feed you." He says, "Yes, but I was still hungary!" Okay, so I call my MOm and ask what time she dropped Jax at school, first bell rings at 8:45 and school starts at 8:50, she dropped him off at 8:40. So he had 10 minutes to eat breakfast at school. So I get off the phone after confirming he did eat breakfast and not only a bowl of cereal, but also a pop tart. I then ask him "Jaxon, what did you eat at school?" Thinking maybe he mistaked his snack for breakfast. He says "A muffin and chocolate milk!" So I ask him if he paid, he says "No, I just signed my name on this paper Mom." So I tell him that yes he signed the paper so that I could get a bill saying I owed money for his breakfast. He says "So I guess I am getting a bill and need to find a job?" Yes Jaxon you do.....hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Too funny! Today I received an email form the school that Jaxon owes $1.10 for his lovely breakfast that he thought he needed. No I do NOT starve my kid, he just thinks he is hungary 24/7, I think its a growth spert, because he will eat like crazy and then won't. Got to love this kid!

3 comments:

The Martin's said...

I soooo have the winter blues! I'm so ready for warmer weather. It doesn't even have to be 70 or 80 just a good 50/55 so we can play outside without having to bundle up like crazy! Luckily time flies!

Eric and Jenny said...

I have the winter blues too, but I think it's just because I am so anxious for April to come!

Funny Jaxon sounds like Luke he would have ten breakfasts if I would let him. At least it's only $1.10 I guess that's doable!

Thiago & Teri said...

Yep I have got the blues too...as soon as christmas is over I HATE the cold weather. Hopefully spring will be on its way soon.