Thursday, January 7, 2010

A date

I think the only reason I have dreaded this year is knowing what the first couple of months bring. I knew I would have to schedule Lexi's Cardiology appt to get things figured out, I know I will have to face the reality of what is really wrong with her and I know that at times I am going to cry. So today I got the letter, the one that says, its time. I had tears come down my face as I thought about it all. I don't think anything hurts worse than seeing your child sick or hurt. Lexi looks fine and is doing great. She is eating good now, I finally figured out she hates baby food, so I try my hardest to give her what we are eating if she can eat it or I give her something I know she might eat. She of course still has her bottle, but lately the girl likes to eat and I am happy with that. She hasn't had any turning blue incidents in a little bit (knock on wood!). She is getting up on her hands and knees to pretend like she is going to crawl. So all these things I am thankful for, I am also thankful for Primary Childrens, I am so happy there is a childrens hospital so close and that I don't have to travel to another state to get the help we need. Through all of this I am just going to be thankful that its not worse and that things can be fixed. So our date is March 3rd to get the plan in place and I am scared to death, but anxious to get it over with. She will be 9 months in February and that is the time they are giving her PDA and PFO to close up. So I am still keeping my fingers crossed that it will and that everything will be okay. Miracles do happen!!!

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.....

Eric and Jenny said...

Sometimes just getting a plan into motion is the hardest part for me anyway. I too will keep my fingers crossed.