Friday, August 22, 2008

NO training wheels and PATIENCE...

This was before the nightmare began...




This is him debating on what he wants to do...




YEAH RIGHT!!! Trying to teach a 4 year old who has NO PATIENCE to ride a bike without training wheels is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. Jaxon has been wanting to ride his bike with no training wheels for a year now, but doesn't like when his bike falls over...SO, today we once again tried for about the 90th time to get Jaxon to ride his bike without training wheels and he once again got so mad that he threw a fit and is still crying...I can't understand why he gets so mad, its a bike. But he does, it makes me wonder how he is going to take things in life, is he going to get mad when he can't do something or get his way. WHY??? Has anyone else gone through this and was it hard?






4 comments:

Bentleys said...

I can't really give any advise Hunter was 3 1/2 when we took off his training wheels and he just took off. But, I think each kid is different and will do it when they are ready. Remember it may seem simple but they are learning about such strong emotions and its a big deal. Its new and scary and they don't really know about failure. He might be sensing you being upset and it makes it harder. He'll figure it out!!! Go Jaxon!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Well I don't have much experience with getting mad but Lance always takes it really bad when he can't get something quite right either. He just cries for a good hour until he gets over it. I really think it's just one of those things kids will get when they are ready, maybe like potty training. Plus I think it might be a good sign that he doesn't like failure at least you know he won't give up on something. Good luck all of you, he will get I am sure!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

I don't think I will be a big help at all because I have not gone through those trials yet. I do babysitt my 3 year old nephew two days a week and I can see a little bit of frustration in him sometimes when he tries different things and the only thing that I have found that helps is to just try and calm them down and keep encouraging them and telling them that it's okay and he will eventually get it.....Good luck and I'm sure he will do great

Thiago & Teri said...

I am sure he will get the hang of it in no time, so fun watching them learn new things.