Friday, July 5, 2013

Our 4th Texas style

We had a bit of a rough start to our 4th and I thought for sure it would ruin our whole day, but it didn't and we ended up having a pretty good day.

We had plans for the lake and well I didn't know you had to show up at 3am to get a spot at the lake on the 4th of July.  So we turned around and went back home.  Set up the pool and played all day.  It ended up being perfect and just what we needed to do.


 
I was missing my boys bad yesterday, but I know they were having fun in Utah.  A part of me wished I was there so badly.  At one moment during our hectic morning, I thought "I want to go home!  Oh wait, this is home now!"  My boys went to the parade, saw a movie, hung out with family whom they've missed a ton and watched fireworks at Layton Park.





































It turned out to be a great day.  Our firework show ended half way through due to a fire, but that's okay, we still loved it.  Thanks to the Terry family for spending the day with us.  We loved it!!

No comments: