Saturday, January 28, 2012

The greatest show on earth

We decided last week that we were going to surprise the kids and go to the circus. It was a rough week though, so I wasn't sure we would make it. Lex was almost admitted to the hospital (more on that later), I got sick and everything was falling apart. But I decided we needed to go, it was a must. I would bring my box of tissues (sinus infection...YUCK!!), not breathe on anyone and lots of sanitizer.

Its kind of neat how it works out, instead of paying $17.00 for nose bleed seats, it was $17.00 for wherever you wanted and no seats were bad seats. At first we right on the front row, but decided we wanted to move up. So we were on row 5 right in the middle. Oh and the best part.....the kids were FREE.



I don't think I have ever seen Ashton smile so BIG. He was so happy to get on that BIG GIANT ELEPHANT. Jax, he wanted NOTHING to do with it. SN: Please excuse the lighting, they had these giant lights and they were screwing with my pictures.

We got there an hour before the show started. I love to people watch. I've never seen so many strange people in one place. We of course had the most annoying family behind us too, the lady couldn't quit yelling everytime something happened and her Son kicked my seat the ENTIRE time. I held my patience though, because I was at a KID PLACE.


We got snacks before. Jax and I had a churro, Lex and Ash had popcorn. I can't believe how expensive some things are, but we stuck with buying stuff from the concessions and not the Circus itself.

AND THEN THE SHOW BEGAN...


First up...the tigers, oh they were beautiful. There were 2 white ones and 4 regular ones.


I loved the tigers, they were so neat.

Next up was the tight line, it was very intense to watch and I didn't get good pictures.

After that some juggling, where I didn't get good pictures either.

Then it was the circle thing that a guy goes around in, also....not good pictures.

And next up, one of my favorites of the show...


THE DOGS, they were all so cute and so fun to watch.


It was tons of fun watching them. They had a little chihuaha and it reminded me of Daisy.


And then intermission and it was an hour long and the kids got bored easily. It was the only thing that I didn't like about the whole show.

After intermission was the flying trapzee people and they were so good, but I have no pictures, I didn't even attempt to take any. It was too dark.

Then the Aerial acrobats, they were pretty good.


My next favorite was this guy, he was amazing, he stacked 10 chairs on top of each other and it was unbelievable. A couple of times I couldn't watch.


He definately has some talent.

BUT my favorite part of the whole show...

THE ELEPHANTS.


Loved, loved, loved them. They were so fun to watch and I loved them.

And to end the show, Jaxon's favorite part...


3 motorcycles in a ball...talk about SCARY. First they started with 1, then 2 and ended with 3. Jaxon thought it was the coolest thing on earth. I thought it was the scariest thing on earth. Then he proceeded to tell me that thats what he wants to do. Don't worry, I'm not too worried, because I know Jax all too well. He is ALL talk...no DO and if he ever even thinks about it, I'll think of a grand story to talk him out of it.

Ashton's favorite part was the Tigers and the dogs, he loved those both and of course his ride on the elephant that he advised he "can't wait to tell my teacher about."

Lex favorite part....eating "corn, corn" Hey, I'm just glad she ate it, even if it was only a little bit.

I'm so glad we went, it was totally worth it.

No comments: