Sunday, January 8, 2012

1st Basketball game

Its crazy to watch my Son play basketball, it brings back so many memories of being a kid. I miss it! Basketball is my favorite sport to play by far and comes close to being my favorite sport to watch with Football. I love football, I am 100% a football girl.

So Jaxon started basketball a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't quite get the game yet, but he did amazing. He did almost score for the other team and felt embarassed about it. But he is 7 and this is his first game.


Practicing before the game. He is #24 and of course the tallest on the team.


Since he was the tallest on the team he got to jump the ball at the start of the game. I remember always having to do this also, because I was always the tallest.


He wasn't sure which direction to go or anything. He hasn't ever played a real game, so I didn't expect him to get it right from the start.


After about 10 mins, he took a break. They play two 20 minute halfs.


But he didn't get much rest before he was back in.


I was trying to explain to him that he needs to go after the ball. I don't know why he is afraid, but he would sometimes just stand there and watch it and do nothing. But he is only 7 and this is totally a learning thing.


I had so much fun watching them. They definately entertaining at this age. Jax did great for his first game and I have no doubt that by the end of the season he will be ready for next year.

I also think we took up half the bleachers with all his supporters. My parents, his Nanny, his Aunt Joy, his Aunt Autumn, my best friend Misty and her family. It was great having all of them there.

No comments: