Friday, July 2, 2010

Its July

Its crazy that it is already July and it has almost been a year since Bob's open heart surgery. Last year at this time Bob had just had his Heart Cath two days ago and he was in a lot of pain. He pushed himself too hard, because he was determined to prove doctors wrong. I had so much going through my mind, I honestly don't remember much of what happen other than sitting in doctor offices talking to every kind of doctor trying to figure out if my Husband was going to live or not. I was determined that if he had made it 36 years, he could make it 36 more. I look back over the last year and I have learned so much about myself and many others. I am a stronger person than I ever led myself to believe. I watched my Husband go through one of the hardest things ever. I truly thought that there may be a chance that I would have to go on in life without Bob beside, but the one thing I never gave up on, was hope. There is a reason that Bob lived as long as he did with his heart condition and I haven't figured out the exact reason, but I know bits and pieces. A couple of months ago Bob and I were having a conversation about life. He said "Sierra, I seen things when I had heart surgery, I saw our future, I saw what was gonna happen and everything is gonna be fine!" I got chills as he said this, because is it really true and what is going to happen? I don't know, but what I do know is that I have my Husband here and for now I am just living in the moment and enjoying life as it is. I get so emotional talking about last year, because I can't figure out why it happened to us, but I don't think I care to know anymore.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to DANCE in the rain!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks goodness for answered prayers :) What a blessed life you live now. Enjoy every second of it!