Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trying to have faith

Everything has been crazy lately! Here is just a little run down of what has been going on. Bob started having chest pains about 3 weeks ago, about a week ago he advised me of this. I placed a call to his cardiologist and we talked about what could be going on. This feels like deja vu all over again, I swear I was sitting in this same place almost a year ago, worried sick about whether my Husband was going to live or not. Bob doesn't understand how I feel and I never expect him to understand, we sit on two sides of the wall, he is going through the pain, but I am watching it wondering if my Husband will be a live tomorrow. We met with his cardiologist on Thursday and then Friday morning Bob went for some tests. We should have the results on Monday as to what is happening. While we were at the doctor I had a good talk with his cardiologist, I let him know how I felt and all my fears. He told me their normal and that Bob is NEVER EVER going to be out of the woods. He advised me that heart disease NEVER goes away. I knew this all a long and my biggest fear is STILL losing my Husband. I am so afraid that tomorrow I will wake up and Bob will not be here or I am afraid that Bob will have a heart attack and be gone. These fears are something I can never get over, its hard and sad, because I will probably live with this fear for a long time. He said Bob may eventually need a heart transplant, when this will be, we have no clue and time can only tell us. The thing is, is that Bob has to basically be on his death bed before he can get a heart. I like to say we are living one day at a time, because we are, we don't make plans for things, because I don't know how Bob is going to feel. We haven't planned any family vacations, because I don't know what is going to happen. All I can do right now is cling to faith and prayers and hope for the best. This is a long road and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. For right now, I will cherish every minute I have with my Husband and pray that it stays this way.

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to hear this... it seems it's just never ending for you guys. You will be in my thoughts....