Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saving money

When Bob and I went through our hard times this last year, we weren't sure what to do. We weren't sure we would be able to put food on the table and stay in our home, we just weren't sure. I haven't said much about his, because still to this moment its hard to talk about and I don't want to ever have to go through it again. Before our medical insurance would cover Bob to have surgery we had to fork out money. Here my Husbands life is on the line and I couldn't imagine him not being able to have it. I dropped everything, I forked out the money I had to to save my Husband because you just couldn't put a price tag on anyone in your family. It was hard, life was rough and I didn't know how to go on. Looking back, I still wonder how we did it, but we did. We had family and friends pull together to help us out, we went two weeks after Bob got home without having to cook a meal, each night someone in our neighborhood brought over a cook meal with a dessert. It was amazing! I am still amazed by all that was done. We are so lucky in a way, because the only thing we really loss from this all is our truck and I am not sad about it. At first I was, but my Husbands life is so much more than a stupid truck. Then not long after surgery all these medical bills poured in, it was one after another after another after another and I just cried every time I seen one. We went 6 months and got a medical bill every single day. Lexi spent 2 weeks in the NICU and her bill was unbelievable. Bob spent 3 days in SICU, 24 hours on life support and 3 more day on the floor in the hospital. He had 3 chest tubes, 14 hours of surgery and a repaired heart. I still can't believe how much it costs to have surgery, I am shocked.

So during all this chaos I was looking for ways to help out my family and try and make things easier on Bob and I. I didn't want to sell my house, I love it here, I have great neighbors who have become some of my greatest friends, the kids love it and I feel safe. So a friend at work introduced me to Grocery smarts, not sure who has heard of it, but it is amazing. I would spend anywhere from $200 to $300 dollars a pay day, so almost $600 a month on just groceries, now I am spending about $100.00 or less. Its simple process and yes it takes some time and you have to go to several stores, but it is totally worth every minute spent on doing it. Plus I get twice as much as I would before and all for less. So if your interested, the website is wwww.grocerysmarts.com and the passcode is G84CRJ. It really is worth it! Its easy to figure out too, you can print coupons on line and the only other thing to do is save your coupons throughout the week. I promise you will love it, just like I do. Now Bob and I have extra money and I am not stressed about money anymore.

P.S. Also Target has coupons on their website for all that don't know and you can double your coupons there. GREAT SAVINGS!!!!

3 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Good for you, I know it has been such a hard year for you but you have really made the most of it and are truly an inspirtation.

Your post about Bob, made me cry just a little. I love how much you guys love each other, he sounds like such a great guy. So happy that you guys have each other.

Thiago & Teri said...

Good for you, I know it has been such a hard year for you but you have really made the most of it and are truly an inspirtation.

Your post about Bob, made me cry just a little. I love how much you guys love each other, he sounds like such a great guy. So happy that you guys have each other.

Eric and Jenny said...

Sierra I know I say this all the time but you are so amazing. It's hard enough to be so worried about your family members health so putting financial worries on top of everything else, well that would have just pushed me over the top. With Luke we were on medicaid at the time I never saw one bill on him or me, I can only imagine the sorrow and fear each time you recieved a new bill in the mail. Really you are so amazing, I admire the heck out of you! You guys should be so proud of yourselves.