Friday, March 26, 2010

March 24th

Now that my mind is clear and I know that I wasn't dreaming on Wednesday, I would like to talk about how Wednesday went. We arrived at PCMC at about 1:00pm, our appt was at 1:30pm and so we were a little early. We first changed Lexi and then we walked to cardiology, we weren't sure where everything was going to happen, but we went to the right place. They placed us in a room and Lexi was in the best mood, I thought for sure she would remember the last time we were there and be a mess again. But she wasn't, she was Lexi, she was bright, happy and she was making us laugh. Everyone that went by stopped to say how cute she was. A little after they did her EKG, which she was so good for, she sat still and even laid on the table she hates so much. My mind at this point was in a daze, I couldn't believe that my little girl was acting the way she was, thinking back I think she knew everything was okay. EKG came out good and soon after the IV team came to put an IV in her little hand. She was fine at first and when they poked her she cried. That was the only time that she cried the entire time we were there though, she didn't shed any other tears and she was happy the whole time. Shortly after we were taken to the ECHO room where I held her and they put the sedation medicine in her IV. It was the weirdest thing, but she instantly got this look on her face and it broke my heart. I felt someone watching over my little girl though, its hard to explain and thinking about it right now brings tears to my eyes. But someone was there with her and I am so thankful for that. She went to sleep quickly and Bob and I left to get a drink. When we arrived back about 25 minutes later, they were done. She was taken to recovery and didn't wake up forever. A little while after getting to recovery we met with her cardiologist who asked us some questions about how Lexi is doing. Its weird, Lexi hasn't always been a big eater, but in the past two weeks, she has suprised me. She hasn't always had energy and she has always slept more than she has been awake, but not for the last two weeks. Lately she has had more energy, she doesn't sleep all day and she loves to play. He advised us that everything looked great on the ECHO, but he wanted to confirm it with Dr Williams who is the resident and get his opinion. He then listened to her and got this smile on his face. He looked up and Bob & I and said "I don't even hear a heart murmur anymore". I think I lost it, because I never expected those words. He then left and came back about 10 minutes later with Dr Williams who confirmed everything that Dr Leismer has said. I can't explain the feeling, but it felt like the world had been lifted off my shoulders, it felt like I was just looking at my baby girl for the first time, it felt like I just won the lottery, thats how good it felt. And had I not been in recovery I would have scream to the world how happy I was. Shortly after that Lexi drank some apple juice and not too long after we were on our way.

I can't describe how I feel and although some may think that I should've gotten a second opinion forever ago, let me explain that Lexi's heart was not healed at her last cardiology appt, she still had the murmur, she still had the stenosis, this has all happened in a 4 week period and I feel so blessed.

So now, I can move on with life, I am not saying that I won't worry, because I am a MOM, Mom's always worry! But its one less thing I have to deal with. Lexi WILL NOT be going to Primary Childrens to see the cardiologist, she has officially graduated as the doctors said from down there. She will be followed by her pediatrician as normal. I know that prayers work and miracles happened and now I will pray for many more miracles to happen with all the other heart babies and heart kids that I follow. They are still close to my heart and always will be.

No comments: