Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sickness






YES, its out luck! Lexi is sick, it started Saturday and I really thought maybe it was all related to teething, because she is cutting more teeth right now. Well Sunday she woke up having a hard time breathing, she had two blue incidents and I freaked. I wasn't sure what I should do, I was thinking it was mostly heart related, she was short of breath, having a really hard time breathing and couldn't quit coughing when she would move around. Well I went to my friends baby shower and took her with me, because after that I had plans to go to the doctor. Well she started getting worse there, so I left early and headed to McKay Dee's ER. It was a nightmare, I think everyone and their dog was there. The security guy was rude and didn't even ask me what was wrong, but all I knew is that Lexi needed to be seen and it needed to be done immediatley. After waiting for 10 mins with no one saying anything and them not even seeing who was worse than who, I left and headed to Ogden Clinic up the road with my Sister Miranda. We didn't think anything of it, I just knew she needed to be check and so did she. Well they denied us because Lexi is a heart baby and the doctor didn't think he could handle her I guess. I broke down not sure what to do, then finally her pediatrician called Miranda, they use to work together in Magna, so its nice! He said he would call the ER and make sure that she got back immediately, when we showed up the security guard was still a butthead and I wanted to punch him, but I didn't. We waited 5 minutes to finally be taken back and have her checked. THe doctor that night knows Lexi's pediatrician and had just talked to him, so I felt pretty good about the whole situation. It was weird, because all day she hadn't acted right and all the of sudden she got some energy from somewhere and was happy and smiling. Well it turns out she has RSV and its been a horrible 3 days. We got home from the ER a little before midnight and a breathing machine was dropped at my house at midnight. I haven't slept much, I have been so worried about her. They didn't hospitalize her because she was able to keep her sats up, but yesterday was probably the worse, I couldn't get her to eat and she had a really bad temp, she is just plain miserable. And of course tomorrow we go to the cardiologist. I am hoping for the best, but have myself prepared for the worse.

4 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

bummer, Kaidence has been fighting RSV for a week and a half and it stinks. Luckly we have suction and O2 at home already. Let me know what cardiology says. Good Luck and I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Eric and Jenny said...

Poor Lexi that sounds awful for her and you! Good luck tommorow, I hope all goes as well as you can hope for, I'll be thinking of you.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh no, I'm sorry. Luckily she didn't need to stay in the hospital, that is at least good. hope she is feeling better.

Unknown said...

I'm praying for the best tomorrow, make sure to let me know how it goes. I'm so sorry about the RSV. My brother had that as a baby and it's rough stuff! Lots of love to your entire family!