Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another doctor appt

Today we had another doctor appt and I am kind of a little worried about somethings, but lets start with the good.

Lexi is gaining weight, which is awesome. She looks good and is doing thing every 9 month baby should and a little more. Her doctor said she looks perfect on the outside. Well she is perfect in my eyes and will always be. She weights 18lbs 2oz, still not quite to 20lbs. She is finally on the charts for height, meaning before she was off of them she was so tall. And she still has a very teeny head.

So now with the worrying and I am told this is all normal for me to worry about, so I can worry away. Lexi's isn't getting any better and so now she basically has CHD (Congenital Heart Disease). Not that this wasn't what they were thinking before, but normally they give until 9 months for everything to heal. At 9 months things start to take a turn for the worse, meaning that she will start showing signs that she does have a heart disease. Hearing this makes me cringe, nothing more hurts than to think that I may have to go through exactly what I went through with Bob. My heart aches for my little princess. Has anyone else ever wished it was them instead of their child, because that is exactly how I am feeling? I want everything to be fine and to not have to worry. But everything that she does or anything that goes wrong, I automatically relate it to her having a heart problem. Like her sleeping more than she is awake, my boys NEVER did that. Or her eating habits or her running out of energy when she is playing or anything that might seem not right. The other thing that has me worried is that her pediatrician seems more concerned then her cardiologist. So now its time for questioning, do I switch her cardiologist to one who has been around awhile seems to know everything about it all or do I give this guy who is still going to school a chance? Do I sit back and wait for them to do something or press on for something to happen? I don't know what to do, I have never been in this situation. Bobs condition was so bad that we pretty much had no say in what was going to happen. The other thing is that Lexi can't talk and if she could, what would she want? I think she would want me to fight until its taken care of, I think she would everything to be done now so that she can live a normal life and so that she can't remember much of it. So how do I go about this is the question? Lexi is not getting better and she isn't too much worse, but she is worse. Its obviously not going to heal on its own. The cardiologists will wait until it becomes so bad that they have no choice but to fix it and I don't want that. So the appt on March 3rd that we thought would be a heart cath is actually going to be a sedated echo instead. I am hoping with some small miracle that the cardiologist will be on the same page with me and just want to fix her little heart and put me and my family at peace. I worry about every little thing, I am so tired of losing sleep over this, worrying about if it will be worse tomorrow or if things don't work out, I am just so tired of it. I am trying to find the strength to stay positive and focus on today, but I keep worrying about what could happen.

So if anyone cares to share the opinions on what I should do, please do, I am willing to listen to anyones advice, this is the hardest thing ever.

5 comments:

Sunset Stanley said...

I can't even imagine what your are going through. And since I haven't been through this, I don't have the best advice to offer. However if it were me, I would try another cardiologist. At least get a 2nd opinion.

And I agree with you, fight for that little girl. I know you will no matter what :)

Jeremy, Laura-Ann and Madilynn Nutt said...

Sierra,
Hey I work at Primary Childrens Medical Center. Have you brought her there? They seem to work miracles!!! I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you and your family and of course that cute little Lexi.

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Hey,

It's Shauntelle, Kaidence's Mommy. I would LOVE to help answer any questions that you have.....or if you just need to talk. Please feel free to email: tellebelle@gmail.com
Once you email me I will send you back my phone number so that you can give me a call as well. Sometimes it is just good to have someone to talk with that can relate a bit. Can I add your blog to my heart buddies list? I would love to keep in touch with you!
So many questions and concerns that we almost get in a panick mode. I LOVE the cardiology doctors at primarys. One thing that is great about the hospital, is that all of these doctors get together weekly (often with other doctors around the valley, i know for transplant) and present cases. This is great because when your child is presented, you have MANY doctors weighing in on your chids care. However, you also have to advocate for your child. I have kindly shared my concerns, opinions or ideas with the doctors or nurses and thy have always been respectful and willing to discuss.

Eric and Jenny said...

I wish I had some great advice to give you. The only thing I am thinking is that YOU are her mother, if you feel in your heart that something needs to be done now then I wouldn't ignore that. There is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion even if it is only to bring you a piece of mind I would do that. Thinking of you guys....I can't imagine what this must be like for you especially so soon after Bob. Always in my prayers.

The Martin's said...

I don't even kind of know what to tell you other than you are her mom and deep down you know what's best. And there's nothing wrong with getting a second opinion and seeing what they have to say about. Where Bob had heart problems I would definitely push the issue to get something resolved! Good luck your family is in our prayers.