Monday, November 30, 2009

A good story

I don't think many people know how Bob and I met or how we began our love story. So since this is my family journal and something I hope my kids will look back on, I thought I would share.

I started at Citi in 2001, I was dating a guy named Ben, Ben Johnson for all those that knew him that went to Northridge, he left to go on a mission in May 2002, I was madly in love this this guy, well atleast I thought. His Mom hated me, she hated everything about me and still to this day, I cannot figure out why. I finally gave up in December 2002 and I didn't think I would date again for a while, I had a really badly broken heart. Well I was wrong! I sat on the corner at my work and I always saw Bob walk by, I didn't know him or anything, but I thought I would ask someone who he was. So I waited a bit and talked to a friend about him. She advised me that his name was Bob and that he was previously married and had two kids, atleast she thought he had two kids. Well little did I know that she was going to set us up on a date. She gave Bob my number and he called me that night. We talked for a few hours and decided to go on a date that Friday, I was off, but was getting my hair done. I didn't know this at the time, but Bob called in sick that Friday. I laugh about it now because he was that excited or so I think. We clicked right away, they say you know when you find the one your going to marry and I did. He was what I had been looking for. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he smoked and I advised him if he wanted to continue a relationship he would have to quit (I am mean, I know!!!). But I am totally against that, I think its disgusting. For our first date we went to Park City, ate at this pizza place, walked up and down main street and then headed to the South Town Expo to go to the car show. We had a blast! We continued to date and everything and made it official a couple of weeks later. Bob was the first to say I love you! It was cute! I wasn't sure I was ready, because I had just gotten out of a long relationship and was still a little heartbroken, but I knew I loved Bob. I got in a car accident a little after we started dating and Bob came to my rescue, that is when he met my parents and they loved him. In March, he asked me to marry him and I said YES!! We set our date for September 6th. We learned so much about each other the days leading up to our wedding, but I think we are closer today than we have ever been. Bob does so much for me, he loves me for me, he spoils me, takes such good care of me, provides for us and is always there when I need to talk. We have had our ups and downs, but we have learned to grow from them. I think in the last 6 months we have learned so much about each other, I learned that I love Bob more than I ever thought I did. Those 6 days spent in the hospital were the longest 6 days of my life. I thought I lost him that first day and I spent many hours trying to figure out what I would do without him and how I would function, but I don't think I could. He is my rock and the one person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I think I don't give him enough credit. He cooks (Because I burn everything or don't make it right), he cleans up after himself, he makes us a fire every night, he feeds Lexi & changes her diaper and to me that is more than enough. I wouldn't care if I didn't have a IPOD, computer, cell phone or anything not necessary as long as I had him and my kids by my side. Thanks Bob for all you do and I love you to the moon and back a million times (as I tell my kids everyday.

4 comments:

Bentleys said...

Such a great story! You guys are so cute! I am so happy for you and your family!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh, what a great love story. I think you make a beautiful couple, and am so happy that you have each other and those 3 beautiful kids.

Unknown said...

Aww I adore love stories! You two are adorable :)

Eric and Jenny said...

I wondered how you guys met and fell in love, I just love a sweet story like that. What a wonderful family you have, so sweet I enjoyed reaading this...