Thursday, October 8, 2009

Update on Lexi and switching back to not private...




My baby girl is doing so much better! Its crazy because that Tamiflu works miracles. Lexi went from having a 102 fever all day to a normal temp of 97. I am so thankful we caught this in time. I sure have learned a lot though about the difference between swine flu and the regular flu. Here I am thinking, well she isn't throwing up and she doesn't have the runs, so how in the world could be have swine flu or flu period. Well swine flu attacks your breathing, the syptoms are coughing, high fever, stuffy nose and hard time breathing. Not necessarily all of them, but a high fever is the number one sign apparently. So Lexi had a fever of 101.9 to 102.3 on Tuesday and then on Wednesday it shot up to almost 103. We had taken her in the day before and they said that she was just teething, no test done whatsoever. Well when she continued to run the temp and that was with tylonel, I got worried, so I made an appt with her pediatrician. He checked her ears (which weren't checked the day before), listened to her lungs, check her nose and everything. He then said he was sure she had the H1N1 flu and he was testing her for it. Sure enough 15 minutes later he came in and said it was positive and she had it. I am still shocked to this moment.
But the good news is that Lexi is doing great, she was started on Tamiflu immediately yesterday, she hasn't had a tempature since yesterday around 3, she isn't coughing hardly at all, she is happy, she is smiling, she is eating, she has wet diapers and she is finally getting her color back instead of the white face with bright red cheeks and eyes. My poor baby girl, she is a fighter. Love her to death, she is 4 and half months old and been through it all.

So my other news is that I am seriously debating on switching my blog back to not private, for more reasons than one:

1. It seems that I am always having to add people that don't sign in regularly to my blog again, I can't figure out why.
2. I would love for all my family to be able to read it, its my way of keeping up with my life and its hard when your family is all over the country to keep them all updated without making millions of phone calls.
3. I would love for my grandparents in Texas to be able to see pictures of the kids on a weekly / monthly basis if they want to, they are growing up right before my eyes.
4. Ever since I went private, no one really looks at my blog, except Teri and Jenny who are AWESOME!! Some of my bestest blog buddies ever!

So I am seriously debating, my whole reason for going private was because a ex friend of mine was fired from work and I didn't want her in on my personal life or knowing anything about me. So I am going to switch my blog to not private as of today and see how it goes for about a week and then if I am still having weird feelings, I will switch it back.

2 comments:

Bentleys said...

I am so glad she is doing better!

Eric and Jenny said...

You are hillarious I don't think Teri and I are the only ones reading your blog...but that did make me laugh. Just so you know I feel the same, I feel like I have such a great friend in you and to think it's because of these blogs.

So glad Lexi is doing better, what a relief, poor little thing.